Software Engineer 6/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE ROLE
As a Software Engineer you ll take part in the design and development of software for the current and next generation of Tesla s Enterprise Resource Planning systems. In this role, you ll be developing highly complex applications with a team goal of streamlining business operations and improving overall user experience. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong desire to increase efficiencies, and make an impact while contributing to a cross-functional team. Your ability to creatively collaborate and execute team goals will affect scalabiliy and directly contribute to the company mission of accelerating the world s transition to sustainable energy.
* Work with experienced engineers across many functional areas to deliver business value to internal and external stakeholders.
* Design and develop new modules on the home grown ERP application Warp which is used to plan, procure and produce cars.
* Develop scalable solutions using tools like Angular, C# .net, MySQL and other open stack frameworks.
* Know your app! Seek to understand all aspects, business and technical, of the applications on which you work so that you can be most effective.
* Contribute towards the timely completion of development tasks and small projects while applying company standards.
* Continually learn and apply relevant software development practices, patterns, tools and technologies.
* Increase efficiency, reduce waste wherever and whenever possible.
* 4+ years in web application development, including: Implementing Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Object Oriented Programming and Design (OOP&D), Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
* Experience in backend development, using tools such as: C#, Java, Go, Ruby, etc.
* Relational databases, SQL, NoSQL
* Agile Development
* Distributed Source Control, using tools such as: Git
* Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.