Software Engineer - Hanscom AFB, MA*
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/7/2019
END DATE 10/3/2019
Hanscom Afb, MA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Systems Software IV
Location: Hanscom AFB, MA
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Program Description: Odyssey Systems will provide full-spectrum Engineering and Acquisition specialist Contractor Support Services to the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) Special Access Programs (SAP) community. Programs supported span across multiple Program Executive Offices (PEO's). Our specialized A&AS support will assist with the development, integration, test, fielding, and sustainment of AFLCMC SAP weapon systems, networks and services.
Duties include, but not limited to:
* Develop key artifacts to develop and implemented include but are not limited to:
* Systems Engineering Plan, Requirements Management Plan, Configuration Management Plan, Architecture Diagrams, Interface Specifications, Life Cycle Management Plan, Test and Evaluation Management Plan
* The SE Processor is expected to be the technical focal point for each program they support
* Must understand program requirements, the design and architecture of the system, assist in system testing and produce relevant technical documentation for the program
* Must have excellent communications skills, both written and oral
* Analyze problems and recommend solutions
* Work with minimal Government supervision
* Interact frequently with other requirement analysts, systems engineers, testers and program managers of project teams
* Assist in development efforts, manage and oversee the program software development life cyber (SDLC)
* Assist contractor in software system design and implementation; create positive working relationship with contractor team
* Review, advise and provide feedback on contract delivered software, documentation and design documents
* TS, (with current investigation within the past 6 years) SCI eligible
* Minimum 10 years of experience in the job and an MA/MS Degree in the related technical fields: Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Network Engineering, Cybersecurity Engineering
* APDP level III certified required or equivalent
* Information technology acquisition and/or cyber operations experience required
* Software development experience to include waterfall and agile software development
* Knowledge of Agile Acquisition
* Experience with secure programming techniques and secure system design
* SAR/SAP experience desired
* Familiarity with SE and Requirements Management Process, CMMI and Air Force SEAM
* Experience with modern programming languages and databases
* Experience with microservice architecture design and application containerization utilizing public and private cloud computing environment
* Possess the ability to understand various levers of abstraction (high-level to detailed; generic to specific)
* Familiarity with DoD acquisition process from either Government or proice development contractor experience is highly desired
* Understanding of current IT system design and deployment, design of scalable computing and network architectures
* Experience with public and private cloud computing technologies
* Possess a comprehensive knowledge on best practices of the requirements process and the entire product life cycle
* Demonstrated experience using all MS Office products
* Ability to travel as required (within CONUS) potentially up to 4 days per month
* Hanscom Air Force Base (HAFB), MA
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Pregnancy, National Origin, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Or Expression, Marital Status, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, Or Other Factors Protected By Federal, State, And/or Local Law. This Policy Applies To All Terms And Conditions Of Employment, including Recruiting; Hiring; Placement; Promotion; Termination; Layoff; Recall; Transfer; Leaves Of Absence; Compensation; And Training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability