Software Engineer (High Performance Computing|Java|C++|Object-Oriented) 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY OVERVIEW
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
The Broadband Plasma Division (BBP) provides market-leading patterned wafer optical inspection systems for leading-edge IC manufacturing. Logic, foundry, and memory customers depend on BBP products to detect yield-critical defects for process debug and excursion monitoring at advanced process nodes.
BBP flagship products include the 29xx and 39xx series which leverage Broadband Plasma technology to capture a wide range of defects with ultimate sensitivity at the optical inspection speeds needed for inline defect monitoring.
KLA is looking for passionate software developers to join us and help define and deliver high quality solutions to expand our features.
* Help us create the HPC infrastructure for the image processing and data storage requirements for the next generation Semiconductor Wafer inspection machines.
* Integrate multiple hardware and software subsystems to solve some of the most advanced technical challenges facing the semiconductor chip industry.
* Master's Level Degree with some experience working with HPC or distributed systems
* You will fit right in if you have a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Engineering and practical experience building distributed systems.
* Someone who enjoys working on complex system software, tinkering with compute hardware, is very customer-centric, understands the big picture and feels strongly not only about building good software but about making that software achieve its goals in reality.
* Experience with Object-Oriented software analysis with good working knowledge of Java and C/C#/C++ programming.
* Ability to understand and design using UML (Unified Modeling Language) modeling
* Requires good knowledge in computer architecture, multi-threaded/parallel processing applications.
* Coursework in fields related to distributed computing architecture or high performance computing
* Semiconductor equipment experience preferred.
* System control and image/data processing experience a plus.
Master's Level with 2 years of experience, OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 3 years of experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development