This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2019
END DATE 9/9/2019
Carl Zeiss SBE
JOB DESCRIPTIONSOFTWARE MANAGER
Carl Zeiss SMT, Inc. in Peabody MA develops advanced focused ion beam equipment for research applications and is the integration center for the Process Controls Solutions (PCS) Group within the Carl Zeiss Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology (SMT) business.
The PCS group defines ZEISS solution strategies and strategic priorities that drive growth in semiconductor markets. Through deep technical knowledge of the Semiconductor industry coupled with expert knowledge of available ZEISS technologies, PCS identifies important customer problems that may be addressed with ZEISS solutions both now and in the future. Through this knowledge, PCS supports the field organizations to promote current solutions and guides ZEISS internal R&D projects for the future.
To strengthen our team, we are currently seeking an experienced Software Manager to work at our Peabody, MA location.
The Software Manager is responsible for managing the software department, including management or participation in software activities within the business unit group, globally. This position is also responsible for setting the technical direction and providing guidance and mentoring in the deployment of software architecture.
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Software Department overall management responsibilities
* Active participation in the software roadmap definition
* Software architecture definition
* Responsible for software development
* PCS representative in software steering committees
* Managing external relationships and expectations with other groups within engineering, manufacturing, service and applications as it pertains to sofware
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Software Related discipline (Master's degree desired)
* Greater than 10 years of experience in software development
* Greater than 5 years of experience in a management role
* Excellent knowledge in software architecture principles
* Clear evidence of innovative mindset
* Ability to implement, follow and enforce stringent development processes
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent project management skills
* Domestic and International travel of up to 15% is required for this position
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.
HELP US SHAPE THE FUTURE! The application process takes less than 10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer. Online Application