Software Product Manager 8/22/2020
Panasonic Avionics Corporation
Lake Forest, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Product Management
* Position products to achieve business objectives
* Develop pricing guidelines for cloud/IoT services, creating demand and achieving revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share goals
* Develop business cases and customer proposals for all new product opportunities
* Work with Sales / Commercial to develop accurate new product revenue forecasts
* Successfully champion product launches through requirements, development and commercialization
* Own the financial success of new products launched
* Manages integrated product lifecycle performance, product quality/delivery/reliability, cost reduction, obsolescence, and strategic resource allocation
* Understand and articulate customer needs, build associated business cases and prioritize product requirements; synthesize data from various sources to inform product decisions, alongside good intuition and prior experience
* Coordinate and synchronize product initiatives across different internal efforts by establishing shared vision and building consensus on common components
* Distill noise, clear bottlenecks and understand interdependencies to help define product priorities; collaborate cross-functionally on feature concepts
* Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that impair the team s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
* Translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units
* Explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
* Break down problems, document problem statements and estimate efforts
* Translates unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work unit
* Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences internal teams, external partners and PAC's senior leadership
* Works with Product Management Process leader to mature Product Management roles in cross-functional decision making, such as, pricing, make/buy, R&D prioritization, design reviews, manufacturing reviews, supplier qualification, IP protection, IP licensing, M&A
* Passion for Cloud-PaaS, SaaS, IoT, Machine Learning and AI
* Ability to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
* Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
* Pragmatic Marketing experience/certification
* Agile methodology
* Familiarity with experience prototyping and other creative ways to gather direct feedback early in the product development process
* Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up product decisions
* Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data and metrics to back product decisions
* The ability to manage chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organized way
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to influence others
* Requires the ability to develop comprehensive business cases with detailed financial analysis; quantitative analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track revenue results.
* Proficient in new product development process, lifecycle management, VOC, and development of business plans for products and platforms.
* Demonstrated experience in diverse team environment, including coordination, problem solving, conflict resolution and consensus building skills.
* Demonstrated customer-centric focus, keenly aware of markets, trends, competition
* Bachelor s degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or math
* 8+ years of product management experience with a track record of building and launching successful products
* MS/MBA preferred
* Experience and a passion for with Cloud-PaaS, SaaS, IoT, Machine Learning and AI.
Hussmann International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.