Software Systems Engineer 6/3/2020
Horizon Industries Ltd.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Software Systems Engineer
Horizon Industries Limited (HIL) is a dynamic IT and Management Consulting firm based in the Washington, DC area. We are currently seeking a Software Systems Engineer for a full-time position, remotely supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
The JETS Program provides the full range of IT services, technical and management expertise that support applications, software, hardware, infrastructure, and systems, across the DLA IT Enterprise. Support is provided for information technology solutions, technical support, maintenance, and sustainment; operations support; application development, maintenance and technical support; and lifecycle management. Additionally, the program also supports administrative program management support for IT program offices and DLA Information Operations (J6) Office. The program provides support technology services across the DLA Information Operations Enterprise, the DLA Program Executive Offices (PEO), and all other technology services currently supported through DLA Contracting Services Office (DCSO) acquisitions.
This Task Order includes Task Order project management, operations, development and sustainment support for applications within the FLIS Suite, MapCat, TAS and Training Portal. The contractor shall provide the full range of lifecycle/technical support services in the effort to sustain and enhance the applications/services assigned.
This Task Order includes tasks for, but are not limited to, application server administration, application database administration, technical support, project support, technical design, development, implementation, compliance, cybersecurity, configuration management support, systems engineering support, architectural support, and test and documentation support.
Duties of a Software Systems Engineer may include:
* Formulate/define specifications for complex operating software programming applications
* Modify/maintain complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer
* Design, code, test, debug, and document those programs
* Provide overall operating system maintenance, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages
* Assist all phases of software systems programming applications
* Evaluate new and existing software products
* On occasion, short duration (1-5 days) site visits may be required as authorized by the Government.
Required Skills / Experience:
* Five (5) years relevant experience
* Experience supporting multiple platforms including: Ancillary (.NET/DB2/Oracle/SQL Server), Mid-Tier (webMethods/JBOSS/Oracle) and Mainframe (COBOL/CICS/DB2).
* Experience with stand up of applications in a DISA environment and/or DOD commercial cloud
* Experience with Abstract, Common Error Reporting System (CERS), Security Control Administration Tool (SCAT), FLIS Portfolio Mid-Tier Authentication (FPMA), Data Replication, Informatica, GoldenGate, Oracle, webMethods, DB2 and others.
* Specialized skills strongly desired to support the DLA Map Catalog include: ESRI Runtime 10.X Java Software Development Kit (SDK) with future considerations of ESRI Runtime 10.X .NET SDK, ESRI Runtime 100.X Java/.NET SDK and ESRI Portal.
* Must possess active IT-II security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC)
* Relevant certification from a nationally recognized technical authority
Horizon Industries Limited was founded in 1996 and based in Vienna, Virginia; Horizon is a dynamic, SBA-certified Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) with professional and talented strategists, technologists, and consultants with a wide range of expertise, experiences and personal accomplishments. Horizon provides expertise in the areas of IT, analysis and evaluation, data analytics, business process management, acquisition and financial management, cost and risk assessments, Independent Verification & Validation, program management, systems engineering and design, databases design and management, logistical warehouse services and administrative support services. Horizon also offers capabilities related to financial, operational and technology consulting and risk management services, strategic planning, leadership effectiveness, anti-fraud waste and abuse programs, financial and operational assessments, regulatory compliance, workflow automation, and audit readiness services.
Horizon is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our policy to consider all applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, alienage, ancestry, citizenship status, or any other factors prohibited by law. Horizon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Horizon s legal duty to furnish information.