Solution Business Director, Pricing - BCG Omnia 8/23/2019
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY What you will doAs a leading global strategy consultancy partnering with many of the world s best organizations, BCG provides innovative solutions that helps them to keep ahead of the market. With over 60 years of experience operating at the leading edge of business strategy, BCG has developed an enviable amount of accumulated knowledge and expertise helping our clients to solve their most complex challenges.
With ever expanding amounts of data driving insight, digital and technology platforms have become central to BCG s overall commercial agenda. To further accelerate and scale development, deployment and commercialization of its suite, BCG is setting up a new business unit with distinct structure, operations and P&L.
BCG s Marketing, Sales, and Pricing Practice Area (MSPA) leverages deep consumer and customer insight to inspire revolutionary thinking in all aspects of marketing, branding, sales and pricing for clients. They combine organizational understanding with rigorous analysis to unlock the full potential of our clients' businesses. As a core part of this drive, they have developed Pricing & Retail Catalyst by BCG, industry-leading technology products which embeds BCG s project approach with our clients and enables them to take their analytical capabilities to the next level. These Catalyst products are designed to complement BCG engagement, and provide strategic and operational support for pricing decisions company wide, leveraging proprietary BCG process and algorithmic IP. They have been deployed with a number of leading clients and are demonstrating significant top and bottom line impact.
WHO WE AREBCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)The future Solution Business Director for Pricing & Retail Catalyst needs to have deep expertise in pricing strategy, pricing execution and pricing governance in B2B and/or Retail industries. In addition, the person in this role needs to have experience with and passion for building and driving a product business, ideally in similar professional services environment as BCG.
In addition, the individual needs to have critical leadership and change management qualities such as:
* Outstanding executive presence, credibility, personal values, communications
* Experience building and leading a team
* Ability to thought-partner at the most senior BCG partner level outside the business unit to understand product ambitions, shape direction, and offer practical solutions for build and launch of strategic solution offerings
* Ability to shape strategic thinking across both business and technical and functional stakeholders
* Ability to drive and deliver change, comfortable with ambiguity, autonomous, self-starter
As well as the following:
* Advanced degree preferred
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational abilities
* Entrepreneurial drive
YOU'RE GOOD ATJointly with the Partners responsible for Pricing & Retail Catalyst (Product Sponsors), the Solutions Business Director will have the responsibility to:
* Refine and execute strategic vision & product roadmap including strategic product design using specific BCG intellectual property, and 3-year financial and investment plan (with regular updates)
* Accelerate commercialization in partnership with BCG s Practice Areas and Client Service Partners
* Further build and manage the Catalyst core teams inside the Product business unit,
* Manage product P&L and product impact on consulting business
On an operational level, the Solution Business Director for Pricing & Retail Catalyst will be responsible to:
* Lead commercialization of the product lines in partnership with BCG go-to-market channels
* Manage product delivery teams that provide implementation support to clients
* Execute against annual budget and 3-year plan
* Lead product development jointly with Practice Area experts (design and content) and a Technical Program Manager (from the PDT Unit Engineering Function); provide regular updates
* Lead product management activities, marketing and client development support
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.