Solution Sales Specialist, Corporate - Northeast 1/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Job ID #: 80246
* Location: USA-MA-Boston
* Functional Area: Sales
* Facility: Work at Home
* Relocation Provided: No
* Education Required: Bachelors Degree
* Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
* Travel Percent: 50.00
Send This Job to a Friend Save Save Apply Now
Lenovo is not just another technology company. We make the technology that powers the world s best ideas. We are looking for driven individuals who thrive in a truly global company and culture. This is a great opportunity to join Lenovo s North American Solutions Sales organization and apply your expertise, sales acumen and leadership skills in a role that has high visibility and impact. This exciting opportunity is a consultative sales role focused on datacenter digital transformation. Also to help companies leverage Lenovo s and our partners technology to help companies transform with automated, orchestrated and multi-cloud platforms.
This is a quota-carrying senior sales role and the candidate will be driving the sales of Lenovo s Data Center solutions in the Converged, Hyper-converged, and Software Defined Data Center solutions space. The Solutions sales team supports the efforts of Lenovo s enterprise account teams and has a list of focused accounts to help transform with Lenovo. Collaboration is key and Lenovo uniquely with our edge to core offerings provides sellers with the opportunity to truly consult while selling.
Role & Responsibilities
Lenovo has developed and is partnering with the best of breed solutions providers in the market to create unrivaled hardware and software solutions in the Storage, Software Defined Storage, Networking, Converged and Hyper-converged solutions space. By combining the industry-leading reliability of Lenovo enterprise systems with market-leaders in the enterprises Lenovo will be able to bring greater efficiency and agility to data centers world-wide. The Lenovo NA Solutions Sales Team is a team of sellers with diverse sales skills across data center technologies and solutions. This expertise is employed broadly in data center sales opportunities that can drive significant growth. To compete effectively for the next generation data center, specific consultative sales expertise or exposure in data center technologies, including:
- Compute Platforms Especially Software Defined Approaches
- Storage solutions and Software defined Storage
- Hyper Visors
- Hybrid Cloud Solutions
- Converged Platforms
- Containers and Microservices
- Cloud Approaches to Workload Placement
- Storage and Software Defined Storage
- Hyperconverged Solutions
- Orchestration and Automation for the Datacenter
- Complex, multi-element solutions.
In this position, you will be leading the success of Lenovo account teams in selling specific data center solutions in a consultative fashion related to your area of expertise, with measurable sales objectives. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a business plan to meet and exceed assigned quota. Excellent consultative selling, technology selling, presentation, and communication skills are a must (Servers, Applications, Storage, Network, Convergence). This position will cover accounts in commercial sector and work with Lenovo s vast partner community in the designated territory. The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Demonstrate excellence in the ability to drive Lenovo data center opportunities at enterprise and acquisition prospects across all industries.
- Possess a deep knowledge of the I/T marketplace and can articulate the market dynamics in support of the benefits of advanced data center technologies especially Converged, Hyper-converged and Software Defined solutions.
- Articulate Lenovo data center solution benefits, strategic and technical offerings, and advantages relative to competitor offerings.
- Possess in-depth knowledge and mastery of key elements of the selling process (i.e., strategic sales planning, extended resource engagement, etc).
- Have extensive experience selling to companies greater than 1500 employees, complex selling cycle technology adopters, and Fortune 500 companies (both Private and Public Sector).
- Must have the ability to deliver the business value of Lenovo solutions, develop customer relationships, and expand on existing customer relationships.
- Demonstrate knowledge of working with complex strategic accounts calling on key decision makers at all levels of the account.
- Be an aggressive self-starter; little supervision required and be able to position "end-to-end" solutions and articulate Lenovo product and service strategies to senior customer executives.
- Negotiate solutions to issues with peers, management, senior executives and customers using a Win/Win philosophy.
1. Drive to revenue and profit sales objectives for Lenovo s data center solutions business
2. Demonstrate business transformation and solution-selling approach.
3. Demonstrate executive relevance, and have ability to position complex solutions at senior IT and CxO level especially in Hyperconvergence, SDDC, Virtualization, and VDI
4. Demonstrate influence over Customer's & Partner s strategy/behavior.
5. Demonstrate clear awareness of data center solutions market pressures, trends, and transitions.
6. Understand and articulate Lenovo s vision, strategy and architectural approach to data center solutions.
7. Work in partnership with regional sales teams and partners to drive data center solutions business.
8. Establish and maintain excellent relationships with regional sales management.
9. Work with channel partners in territory and help them plan and execute a Lenovo data center solutions sales plan.
10. Work with the channel teams to increase partner coverage in all market segments.
11. Work with Marketing and Product Management teams to develop and launch sales initiatives to increase pipeline.
12. Extensive regional travel required. Candidates must be based in a major metro region on the west coast.
*LI-06101-US, *LI-03031-US, *LI-02801-US
Minimum Requirements: -
-BA/BS degree or equivalent with a minimum of 7+ years of successful experience managing a sales territory in a growing business environment (including prospecting, replacing an incumbent/competitor, and protecting the installed base) is essential
- 7+ years experience selling data center technologies including server, storage, applications, and networking.
- Proven track record in leading and winning major Server, Networking, and/or Storage business.
- Ideal candidate will have proven experience selling Converged, Hyperconverged and Software Defined Solutions.
- Candidate should have excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as good listening and strong presentation skills
- Demonstrated success in working with Channel partners and infrastructure technology partners including VMWARE, EMC, Intel, and Microsoft.
- Experienced in multi-level selling and comfortable in influencing CxOs, IT Directors, Systems Managers, IT Managers, etc
- Understand, articulate and position Lenovo s data center solutions both internally and externally.
- Strong solutions focused selling expertise for specific technologies based around a combination of Application, Server, Virtualization, Networking and Storage technologies
- Must have in-depth knowledge of competitors and the best sales strategy to compete against them including HP, Cisco, Dell, Oracle.
- Ability to work unsupervised and lead Sales engagements with Lenovo s partners for Flex business.
- Strong team player and ability to lead a multi-functional virtual team.
- Open to change and has ability to adapt to Lenovo s culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of