Solutions Architect 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Solutions Architect
Equinix is the one of the largest growing Data Center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That s why we're always looking for creative and visionary people who can help us achieve our goal global interconnection. With over 210 datacenters in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home of the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations, and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Does being at the epicenter of IT transformation excite you? The chance to create a career where you enable clients to transform their business? If so, a Solutions Architect role is your career choice. Equinix was built for this transformation. Our Ecosystem and Interconnection strategy is the crossroads of a cloud success strategy, crafting Fast IT while enabling agile Enterprise businesses. These customers need solutions and this role is pivotal in crafting those solutions. Envision providing thought leadership through solution creation for customers to realize business goals and objectives, bridging network, data center and Cloud/IT infrastructure teams as a trusted advisor, demonstrating business value Equinix Platform solutions; are just a few of the ways this exciting role engages. The Equinix culture is second to none and easily summed up as Excellent Opportunity + Excellent People = Extraordinary Place . A place where you can find a better way, serve others, speak up, step up and be an energy supplier all while keeping the customer front and center is everything we do.
If this list looks like it was written for you, below are the responsibilities and qualifications, go ahead and apply today and join our Equinix family.
You provide strategic solution support for Equinix global sales teams. * Operate in a three-tiered engagement account engagement model that includes demand capture, demand creation and professional services touch points.
* You research, evaluate and stay ahead of emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
* Build information/technology plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational strategic direction, technical context and business needs.
* You provide technical support for marketing initiatives through participation in proposals and marketing studies.
* You identify, develop, update and implement standards and procedures.
* Work with resources in the CIO, CTO, CMO and CSO organizations on system infrastructure problems, technical concerns, and financial issues.
You have 5+ Years in the functional domains of network, data center, Enterprise IT Systems, including implementation and technical support preferred. * You have at least 5+ Years of Solutions Selling in a commercial pre-sales position preferred.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline preferred.
* Advanced industry certifications (i.e. Cisco, VMware, MS, AWS) preferred.
* Technologies include; L3 Technologies - OSPF, BGP, RIP, EIGRP, IS-IS,IPv4, IPv6, Multicast, PIM, IGMP, mVPN; L2 Technologies - Ethernet, VLAN, VTP, STP, RSTP,MSTP, QinQ, HDLC, PPP, ATM.
* Data Center Technologies; MPLS - MPLSVPN,MP-BGP, LDP, MPLS-TE (RSVP), L2VPN, FRR, PWE3.
* Cloud and Virtualization Technologies; Security & HA - Cisco PIX series, ASA series, Checkpoint Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Site-to-Site VPNs, Remote Access VPNs, IPsec, GRE.
* Tunnels, HSRP, VRRP,GLBP.
* QoS - ToS, LLQ, CBWFQ, WFQ, Shaping, Policing, MPLS-VPN QoS.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.