SOUS CHEF-HOUSTON, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/10/2020
END DATE 1/24/2020
Chartwells Higher Ed
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation's Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Working as the Sous Chef, you will be responsible for the successful operation of the Culinary Department for a facility. You will assist in the supervision, preparation, and cooking of various food items, developing daily menu items and their preparation and garnishment. You may supervise hourly associates and you work with Executive Chef/Chef to develop new menus and assist with ordering. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
* Assists the Executive Chef with managing cost controls and control expenditures for the account
* Assists the Executive Chef with planning and creating menus
* Produces and execute catering events
* Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
* A.O.S. Degree in Culinary Arts or culinary certificate and required experience
* Some progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
* Catering experience a plus
* High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
* Institutional and batch cooking experiences helpful
* Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
* Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
* Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
* ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 365160
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://compassgroup.contacthr.com/73738716.jpg /