Space Deconfliction (DECON) Systems Engineer III - NCMC/ITW/AA - Peterson AFB* 6/5/2020
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title: Space Deconfliction (DECON) Systems Engineer III
Job Location: Peterson AFB (Colorado Springs, CO)
Program: NCMC ITW/AA, Legacy Space: The NCMC-ITW/AA Branch sustains unique ITW/AA Cheyenne Mountain systems, networks and associated components through an enterprise-wide set of integrated mission capabilities, support services, and data products that provide military authorities with accurate, timely, unambiguous and continuous warning and attack assessment of air, missile and space threats. The Legacy Space Branch sustains unique space C2 systems, networks and associated components through an enterprise-wide set of integrated mission capabilities, support services, and data products that provide space situational awareness, object tracking and deconfliction.
The systems engineer will provide innovative engineering support to the acquisition and sustainment of an operational system that performs deconfliction of tests of DoD laser systems from space-based assets. The individual shall:
* Have the advanced knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability to perform tasks related to the technical/professional discipline as senior a Systems Engineer
* Possess the ability to oversee and guide the efforts of junior and mid-level engineers
* Have a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply systems engineering standards, procedures and practices
* Ability to work independently and apply the proper procedures and processes related to the area of expertise
* Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot various situations to develop successful outcomes within established program/project guidelines
* Education/Experience: BS in a related field with 12 years of experience, 5 years of which must be in the DoD
* Active DoD Secret security clearance
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
* Education/Experience: MS in a related field, with 15 years of related experience
* Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
* Have a basic understanding of orbital mechanics
* Have a basic understanding of user interface design
* Have a basic understanding of optics, of atmospheric attenuation of laser light, and of the principles of laser beam propagation in free space
* Travel may be required (approx. 10-20%)
Duties include, but not limited to:
* Provide technical expertise and systems engineering skills, including systems requirements definition and decomposition, top-level systems design, test design, and test coverage analysis
* Have experience with the Agile methodology for development and sustainment of software systems
* Represent government interests by performing Agile Product Owner roles and responsibilities
* Ability to interact professionally with DoD end users, DoD customer, and contractor support personnel; this includes the ability to prepare and present briefings to these personnel
* Provide analysis support services of technical baseline documentation, including, but not limited to, Concepts of Operation (CONOPs), Algorithm Description Documents, System/Subsystem Design Descriptions, Software Design Documents, Interface Control Documents, Software Version Descriptions, Software Installation Plans, System Requirements Review packages, Preliminary and Critical Design Review packages, Test Readiness Review packages, Test Plans and Test Procedures.
* Provide system/program engineering, technical support, and technical training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight
* Provide engineering support to conduct formal trade studies based on engineering performance, effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life cycle cost, producibility, reliability, maintainability, risk, and schedule.
* Provide technical recommendation support services, including reviews, studies, audits, evaluations and analyses, scientific and procedural guidance, documentation, technical analysis, and support of associated engineering IPTs.
* Provide proposal analysis support services that compare and quantify proposed systems, components, approaches for technical feasibility, compatibility, and cost effectiveness
* Provide concepts and requirements analyses support services including, but not limited to, reviewing and analyzing DoD requirements, assessments, concept, strategy, and audit documentation.
* Perform program reviews to evaluate alternative proposed plans, systems engineering programs, design, and test results to assure that subsystem and system performance is achieved in accordance with program specifications
* Prepare technical documents that define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics. Prepare management reports and conduct technical presentations for planning, implementation and corrective action using the application of engineering economy principles
* Conduct reviews on program portfolio to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system-level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance are achieved in accordance with approved specifications
* Review and analyze system concepts and user requirements that have been approved and entered into a system requirements baseline (functional, allocated, and product)
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Pregnancy, National Origin, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Or Expression, Marital Status, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, Or Other Factors Protected By Federal, State, And/or Local Law. This Policy Applies To All Terms And Conditions Of Employment, Including Recruiting; Hiring; Placement; Promotion; Termination; Layoff; Recall; Transfer; Leaves Of Absence; Compensation; And Training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability