Space Planning Specialist- Journeyman, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA US ID# 17879 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Space Planning Specialist- Journeyman, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA US ID# 17879
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services with partners in Information Technology. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company's profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) is a versatile, tribally owned 8(a), SDB providing solutions throughout the U.S. and overseas. CNSP has expertise in a wide range of technical disciplines, including engineering, global vulnerability assessment, information assurance, intelligence operations, program management and professional services. CNSP is owned by Cherokee Nation Businesses, the economic engine of Cherokee Nation, the largest Native American tribe in the U.S. One-hundred percent of the company's profits support future business investments and the well-being of the tribe's citizens through health care, education and job creation, ensuring better lives for Cherokees today and tomorrow.
For more company information, visit our site at www.cherokee-cnsp.com
CNSP is looking for a Space Planning Specialist - Journeyman to support the F-22 Formal Training Unit Beddown at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA under this Contracted Support Services contract.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Possess the professional knowledge to develop and maintain the Installation Development Plan (IDP) and other comprehensive planning studies used as the basis for installation planning, land use development, and installation investment planning decisions. Must collaborate with engineers, scientists, and other expert personnel at higher headquarters, installation organizations, municipal planning offices, sister services, and private organizations to evaluate recommended courses of action and solve complex planning problems related to a variety of land uses involving conflicting factors, economic growth, and the social and cultural welfare of communities.
* Possess the professional knowledge to gather, assemble, and analyze facts; draw conclusions; devise solutions to complex planning problems that require interpretation or extension of policy guides and substantial modification of techniques and procedures.
* Knowledge of automated systems and programs such as TRIRIGA, CADD, GIS, project tracking, and other software programs.
* Skills in communicating orally and in writing with clarity, conciseness, and persuasiveness and the ability to relate the effect of community planning decisions on the mission and goals of an installation.
* Ability to plan, budget, and execute required projects in support of program activities based on relative priorities and available funds.
* Prepare various documents, reports, and correspondence and maintain daily logs and safety reports addressing the progress of construction and the administration of the contract.
* Provide weekly input for Weekly Activity Report.
This position will not have supervisory/management authority.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Completed BA/BS or MA/MS degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Community Planning from an accredited college or university.
* Minimum of three (3) years of related manpower/personnel experience is required.
* Professional-level certification and/or registration is highly desirable.
* American Planning Association (APA) certification desired.
* Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Working knowledge of community planning practices is required.
* Working knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control principles is required.
* Working knowledge of federal and state codes/guidelines is required.
* United States citizen with a clear background for government security investigation with the ability to obtain a Clearance or Common Access Card (CAC)
This position is primarily performed in a secured federal office setting, a controlled office environment as well as working outside in a job site environment.
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal - a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses - is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation's mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2020 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.