SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER 5/6/2020
The Pavilion Behavioral Health System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES
To serve as a member of the multidisciplinary treatment team for students by providing direct education services.
* Instructional planning
* Develops, implements, maintains and updates IEP's for all students on their educational case load.
* Develops and maintains daily, written plans based on curriculum, core/state standards and IEP goals.
* Monitors student progress and intervenes appropriately using scientifically based interventions.
* Adjusts plans, methods and tests to meet student needs.
* Instructional methods
* Teaches in accordance with adopted curriculum.
* Utilizes differentiated instruction.
* Communicates objective(s) and purpose(s) of lesson.
* Relates instruction to specific and long-range educational objective(s)
* Explains and clarifies material in guided practice prior to assigning independent work.
* Uses varied resources and materials based on student needs and the objective(s) of the lesson.
* Incorporates instructional strategies which promote student's critical thinking.
* Provides feedback that motivates students.
* Uses a variety of practical hands on activities that engage the majority of students to maintain a high level of interest.
* Has high expectations for daily and long-term student achievement.
* Competency in subject matter
* Demonstrates knowledge of subject area in lesson presentation.
* Responds knowledgeably to student's questions on the subject matter, basic facts or concepts.
* Uses grammatically correct English in verbal communication.
* Uses rules of spelling, punctuation, and grammar in written communication.
* Classroom management
* Assumes responsibility for overall disciplines in the classroom, following designated behavior management plans.
* Organizes and arranges classroom so as to facilitate learning and minimize student disruption.
* Sets limits of student behavior which are defined, communicated and monitored.
* Treats all students in a fair and consistent manner.
* Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
* Encourages students to be self-disciplined.
* Maintains a classroom atmosphere that is appropriate to the learning activity taking place.
* Perceives the needs and concerns of students and tactfully deals with them.
* Reinforces student's appropriate behavior.
* Maintains a self-controlled manner in crisis or stressful situations.
* Staff and professional responsibilities
* Maintains and submits accurate and timely records as required by law and educational guidelines.
* Actively participates in school staff meetings.
* Collaborates with other teachers to provide appropriate learning opportunities for students.
* Reports student's progress to guardian via quarterly report cards, mid-quarter reports, conferences, etc.6. Utilizes knowledge and skills related to crisis intervention and verbal de-escalation in order to provide a safe environment for students, visitors and staff.
Education: Special Education Teacher Certification- State of Illinois in Type 10 LBS I Limited or Unlimited required. Bachelor's degree in Education preferred.
Experience: Teaching in a special education setting preferred.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.