Specialist, Facility Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/3/2020
END DATE 4/21/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONThose who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
Assess incoming work from customer departments and efficiently integrate new requests with cycle driven tasks while maintaining quality service and compliance. They will also, maintain and perform updates to the SAP Plant Maintenance Module and facilitate system improvements.
II: Essential Functions
* Processing of work orders to keep SAP equipment and functional location masters current.
* Perform changes to cycle driven maintenance plans and SOP documents.
* Participate in applicable SAP enhancement projects and Bill of Material (BOM) projects.
* Perform in the field verification and equipment labeling.
* Responsible for the Notification and Corrective Work Order Backlog for assigned work centers.
* Review and screen each work order to see that the scope of work is clearly described, assess the priority and requested completion date for realistic goals and discusses the details of requested work with originating department as necessary.
* Evaluate current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) impact of systems when planning and scheduling work, and openly communicate impact with department management and ensures consensus for repair.
* Maintain a professional, courteous, respectful relationship with customers and maintain a positive feedback/customer satisfaction rating.
* Seek ways to increase operational efficiency and the conservation of company resources.
* Serves as the principal contact and liaison between the maintenance department and the customer departments served by maintenance and ensures that the applicable operations areas receive prompt, efficient and quality service from the maintenance department.
* Responsible for the Notification,Corrective Work, PM S and Calibration Order Backlog
* Reviews and screens each work order to see that the scope of work is clearly described, assesses the priority and requested completion date for realistic goals and discusses the details of requested work with originating department as necessary.
* Plans and schedules preventive maintenance work in coordination with operations and E&F personnel.
* Plans and Schedules vendors.
* Obtain supplies, parts and materials required to perform the work requested per SAP purchase requisitions.
* Ensures job kits are created and made available as scheduled in SAP, and ensures backlog is maintained within recommended quantity.
* Ensures that safety needs are given a top priority in work planning.
* Evaluates current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) impact of systems when planning and scheduling repairs, and openly communicates impact with department management and ensures consensus for repair.
* Develops a file of standard work orders (plans) for regularly recurring repair jobs, based on historical experience, to simplify the planning process.
* Maintains a professional, courteous, respectful relationship with customers and maintains a positive feedback/customer satisfaction rating.
* Seeks ways to increase operational efficiency and the conservation of company resources.
Support Various Site / Departmental Reporting and Tracking Initiatives
* Departmental Metrics
* Staffing and Resource Analysis
Should have the ability to perform the following Quality System functions:
* Deviations: the ability to initiate, investigate root cause analysis, assess impact, and implement durable corrective and preventive actions to prevent future deviating events with the same or similar root cause(s).
* CAPA System: the ability to utilize this Quality System to identify and implement continuous improvement corrective and preventive actions for system level improvements.
* Change Control System: the ability to identify and initiate changes through collaborative efforts with Quality Assurance and various departments in response to deviations, CAPA s and departmental continuous improvement projects.
* Procedure Revisions: the ability to create new procedures and revise existing procedures including Preventive Maintenance, Calibration, and Biennial reviews of existing procedures.
CAPEX (capital expenditures): must be able to identify, provide quotes, and present projects to management which are capital improvements.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
* Proficiency in SAP purchasing and Inventory management is recommended.
* Strong organizational skills, the ability to plan and prioritize, and the ability to effectively coordinate with other teams and departments.
* High school diploma required. Bachelors or Associates degree preferred.
* 4-6 years of related experience required.
* Proficiency in MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
* Proficiency in SAP or another Computerized Maintenance Management System
* Excellent Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with all levels of management.
* Must possess excellent time-management skills.
* Strong writing skills required.
* Ability to work independently and to identify and resolve problems.
* PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
The physical/mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual would encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.