Specialist I, Service/Applications - Hawaii
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/5/2020
END DATE 8/4/2020
Sysmex America Inc
Find a Better Way...
...to use your skills and experience.
This is the time to let your talent come to life. To maximize your knowledge and use it for the greater good. To work with the best professionals using state-of-the-art technology, and improve lives with your innovative ideas and ambitious dreams. Find a better way: the Sysmex Way.
...to improve the lives of others.
Headquartered in Kobe, Japan, Sysmex is located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment and information-management systems, we apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Our agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory.
...to build a promising future.
We currently have a great opportunity available for an Specialist I, Service/Applications. The Service/Applications Specialist I is an entry level Field Service position responsible for servicing Sysmex product lines in an assigned territory, with frequent travel within a specific geographic district. The position may require support to other districts as necessary. The SAS I is a continuous learning position and is expected to independently service the majority of Sysmex equipment while rotating between classroom training and field mentoring. The SAS I works under close supervision of the DSM and CAS Manager. This position is responsible for ensuring and maximizing customer satisfaction with Sysmex product lines through technical excellence and direct customer communications. This position is also responsible for ensuring that all units and systems continue to operate to specifications. This is accomplished primarily by regular and complete scheduled maintenance and repair services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install, maintain, and repair Sysmex instruments and systems, including:
* Identifying and analyzing instrument problems.
* Repairing to meet specifications.
* Escalating exceptional issues to minimize customer down-time.
* Performing pre-installation site surveys, installations, scheduled maintenance, and approved modifications in accordance with Sysmex policies.
* Scheduling modifications as indicated in the Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) and Engineering Change Request (ECR) processes.
* Monitor and respond to communication devices during all scheduled times.
* Work cross-functionally with other Sysmex Associates (SE/TC/HSAM/CAS) to ensure total customer resolution and maximize very satisfied customer base.
2. Properly document all service related activities in a timely and professional manner including inventory, service orders, expense reports, and all other required records.
3. Perform duties within defined service standards, including but not limited to on-time and within labor hour goals for scheduled maintenance, demand service events, installations, and first-visit repair rates.
4. Miscellaneous duties include:
* Maintain expenses within guidelines.
* Maintain high level of customer account management and organization skills.
* Maintain control of parts inventory and all company property.
* Perform duties in such a manner as to develop confidence, promote goodwill, and maintain or improve credibility with regard to quality of products and customer service.
* Promote Sysmex America, Inc. as a leader in the diagnostic market.
* Promote effective, positive and productive communication and teamwork between all Sysmex personnel.
5. Implement Sysmex instruments, middleware and reagents into customer sites/laboratories: Plan the implementation process. Work with customer to take ownership of the instrument. Assist customer with meeting their regulatory and validation requirements. Provide appropriate training for the customer on newly installed instruments. Manage the integration process to meet customer expectations and timeline.
6. Perform troubleshooting on issues related to reagent, middleware or instrument performance designed to improve customer self-sufficiency: Investigate problems; diagnose probable causes; systematically eliminate alternatives; provide solutions. Recognize and communicate product issues, complaints and potential improvements.
7. Develop and implement training programs (workshops and onsite training) for customers and Technical Services to maintain desired levels of customer satisfaction and referenceability
8. Manage time, territory and accounts effectively; use computers to document activity; take initiative to make changes to improve how work is done, focus on process improvement; promote customer satisfaction; support sales objectives and organizational directives; provide data to the organization on customer use/preferences leading to customer driven design/customer usability. Responsible for identifying and communicating critical gaps, product issues, complaints, and recommend potential improvements to the installation and implementation process.
9. Provide technical information to direct management/peers and other functional groups. Proactively address and support sales objectives and organizational directives. Provide both pre-sale and post-sale support. Pre-sale support includes delivering technical presentations, support of Sysmex Express and instrument Demos, working trade shows, and performing evaluations as necessary. Post-sale support includes standard of work, capturing revenue through the ICN process, and customer retention activities to drive customer loyalty and satisfaction.
10. Other duties and projects as assigned.
Travel Percentage: 50%
Physical Risk: Regular exposure to risk that may require alertness, but with minimal precautions.
Physical Demands: Moderate physical activity. Routine handling of objects 21 to 50 pounds; continuous (at least 80% of time) walking or inspections, keyboard or CRT work. May require periods of moderate discomfort due to noise, dust, lighting and/or other conditions.
Bachelor s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science required. 3-5 years of relevant experience (Supervisory experience highly desirable)
Completion of Sysmex-certified instrument training.
A valid driver s license as this role requires driving, loading, and unloading from the vehicle items such as tools, equipment, parts and supplies.
MLT Certification Required
Direct experience with Sysmex Hematology instruments in a service, applications, technical support, or other capacity would be desirable.
Prior field service or laboratory experience is preferred.
0 to 4 Years of experience working on Sysmex equipment preferred.
Electronics, biomedical or laboratory science.
Excellent command of English, both verbal and written; second language desirable (Spanish, French or Portuguese).
General computer knowledge in a Windows environment is required. Basic knowledge of LIS systems and interfacing principles desirable.
Demonstrated ability to explain in simple and understandable terms complex technical information associated with Sysmex instrument systems.
Outstanding listening skills, patience and understanding.
Demonstrated presentation and influence skills.
Team orientation; demonstrated facilitation skills.
Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
Ability to maintain a high energy level and positive attitude.
Sysmex is proud to be an EEO/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be