Specialist, Medical Communications 6/3/2020
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WHO WE ARE:
At Neurocrine Biosciences, we pride ourselves on having a strong, distinctive and positive culture based on our shared purpose and values. We know what it takes to be great, and we are as passionate about our people as we are about our purpose - to relieve patient suffering and enhance lives.
WHAT WE DO:
Neurocrine Biosciences (Nasdaq: NBIX) is a neuroscience-focused, biopharmaceutical company with more than 25 years of experience discovering and developing life-changing treatments for people with serious, challenging and under-addressed neurological, endocrine and psychiatric disorders. Headquartered in San Diego, Neurocrine Biosciences specializes in targeting and interrupting disease-causing mechanisms involving the interconnected pathways of the nervous and endocrine systems.
The company s diverse portfolio includes two FDA-approved treatments INGREZZA (valbenazine) for tardive dyskinesia and ORILISSA (elagolix) for endometriosis*, as well as clinical development programs in multiple therapeutic areas, including Parkinson s disease, chorea in Huntington disease, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, uterine fibroids* and polycystic ovary syndrome.* As part of a strategic collaboration with Voyager Therapeutics, Neurocrine Biosciences is also focused on the development of investigational gene therapy programs for the treatment of severe neurological diseases, including Parkinson s disease and Friedreich s ataxia. (*in collaboration with AbbVie)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Responsibilities will include coordinating publications, building and managing library services and completing other medical affairs projects as assigned. The role may include, providing product information to health care professionals and patients. Responding to questions regarding products in a timely manner. Assist with the creation and maintenance of the product knowledge database used in responding to medical questions related to company products. Work interactively with Clinical Research, Sales and Marketing, Regulatory, and Research personnel to obtain necessary information and to inform other personnel of new issues which may arise. Assist with the receipt, processing, and dissemination of safety information and with the preparation of reports for governmental regulatory agencies.
YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS (INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
* Utilize therapeutic area (TA) expertise to develop and communicate scientific platforms through insightful contributions to the publication plan and other Medical Communication deliverables;
* Research and respond to Level 2 Medical Information (MI) request escalations using various search and retrieval techniques to develop a medical/scientific response that is accurate, fair balanced, and delivered in a timely manner;
* Serve as an expert Medical resource to the MI Call Center vendor and internal stakeholders;
* Create and maintain an up-to-date library of Medical content for communication with Health Care Practitioners including: standard response letters for unsolicited medical information requests, slide decks, and frequently asked questions (FAQs) response documents; and
* Manage the staffing and operations of Medical Affairs booth at scientific conferences.
* Other duties as assigned.
* PharmD, PhD, MD or similar, and some relevant experience required, post-graduate pharmaceutical industry fellowship is preferred
* Proficiency in the use of literature searching databases;
* Proven ability to perform in-depth literature research, analysis and interpretation of medical data;
* Proven ability to assemble evaluated information into an accurate, comprehensive and concise standard medical response document or dossier;
* Knowledge of all legal and regulatory guidelines affecting the dissemination of medical information and product promotion;
* Understands Neurocrine's business objectives and developing understanding of Neurocrine's services and customers
* Has experience in specific functional discipline while working to acquire higher-level knowledge and skills
* Comfortable with tools and processes that support work conducted by functional area
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Strong computer skills
* Good communications, problem-solving, analytical thinking skills
* Detail oriented
* Ability to meet deadlines
* Good project management skills
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
* Proficiency in the use of MS Office (e.g., PowerPoint)
Neurocrine Biosciences is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets employer.