Splunk Architect 5/7/2020
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
You have large scale Splunk Cloud and Enterprise Solutions experience. You drive Splunk architecture solutions to be aligned with customer and system requirements. If working closely with Splunk excites you, this is the opportunity for you. This position can be remote anywhere in the Unitied States.
Responsible for the proactive identification of technical vulnerabilities and system misconfiguration via software, hardware, security assessments, and vulnerability testing. Further, these professionals have either software or network security testing specializations, or both. They possess the skills required to identify, analyze and reverse engineer attacks, and either implement or design specialized security testing procedures or protocols.
- Work on large scale Splunk Cloud and Enterprise Solutions.
- Feel comfortable writing complex queries in the Splunk Query Language.
- Experience in building complex dashboards and data models.
- Integrating events from non-traditional logging services.
- Develop, architect, process, and document Splunk infrastructure for various departments and product teams.
- Drive Splunk architecture solutions to be aligned with customer and system requirements
- Design new environments with performance and optimization in mind.
- Responsible for discovering and identifying any architectural inefficiency that can hinder the Splunk environment.
- Able to plan and scale Splunk deployments on-prem and in the cloud.
- Installing, configuring and administering Splunk Heavy and Universal Forwarders in various large distributed environments.
- Experience working in Cloud environments.
- Comfortable with creating and modifying technical add-ons and apps.
- Experience in various forms of User and Forward
- Experience in creating complex regular expressions.
- Experience in Splunk Cluster components.
- Assisting and training other team members in Splunk-related activities.
- 3+ years of Splunk Admin or Architect experience.
- Understanding of Data structures and designing highly available systems.
- Ability to design Splunk Enterprise architecture.
- Strong Linux systems application and infrastructure knowledge.
- Strong Proficiency with regular expressions.
- Strong Python, SQL (Powershell a plus)
- Analytical thinker. Works well with abstract instruction and little supervision.
- A clear understanding of storage fundamentals and understanding/measuring storage performance at scale.
- 7+ years of IT industry-related experience
- Team player; works well in groups.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
- Requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
What you re looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It s a simple philosophy that guides everything we do including how we work. If you re an engineer, we ll give you plenty of ways to test your skills on cutting edge technology. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If this sounds like you then we d love to talk.
Functional Area:Systems Integration
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.