Sports Nutrition Intern (5171U) #3529
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/13/2019
END DATE 1/11/2020
University of California-Berkeley
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Sports Nutrition Intern (5171U) #3529
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world s leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: December 28, 2019
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a Sports Nutrition Intern who will work within the department s Sports Nutrition unit.
The University of California Berkeley Athletic Department is currently accepting applications for 1 Sports Nutrition Intern for the Spring 2020 semester. This is a part-time paid position. This opportunity will allow the intern to gain experience working in collegiate sports nutrition by assisting the Sports Nutrition staff with overseeing grab and go and managing volunteers. Hours may include early mornings, nights, and weekends.
* Under direct supervision, learns to apply professional concepts to develop, plan, organize and administer athletics programs, operating procedures and guidelines.
* Assists department Sports Nutritionist with developing and running a Division 1, Power 5 sports nutrition program.
* Maintains grab and go by assisting with inventory, storage, budget, and additional operational activities
* Employee will proactively monitor consumption of products and make recommendations to staff on future products and ordering.
* Learns to maintain and analyze departmental database and prepare reports and analyses.
* Assists with developing sports nutrition plans for teams and athletes. Includes developing training table menus, cooking demos, recipe development, preparing grocery lists, and developing educational materials.
* Bachelor s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
* Qualified candidates should have an understanding of food safety and inventory standards
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills and ability to follow directions and meet deadlines
* Demonstrated strong work ethic and dependability
* Must possess strong leadership skills.
* Working toward Registered Dietician
* Servsafe certification
Salary & Benefits
Salary is $15.59/hour.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a 1-year part time contract position (40%)
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: