SPS/SDM Technical Expert NAM, NSW 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE/JOB POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
Nokia Software is the leading solutions provider in the telecoms software market helping to drive large-scale service and network operations automation and digital business transformation in support of customer migrations to 5G. Built on Nokia s cloud-native Common Software Foundation (CSF), Nokia s multi-vendor and multi-network software solutions enrich and secure user experiences; automate operations and infrastructure; and enable new revenue streams and cost efficiencies.
SW Support Engineer for SPS product that provides a combined platform for Nokia Policy, Charging and Customer Engagement functions and Subscriber Data Management that comprise of a set of functions/components to support 4G/5G/IOT
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
* Provides support, leadership and guidance during Customer escalations and emergencies, keeping customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in mind
* Be the main technical voice during critical emergencies and escalations - providing solid guindace specially when multiple products involved
* Able to navigate in a high pressure enviroment and provide techically accurate analysis to quickly approach the problem.
* Be able to Take the role of Single Point of Contact for Core Engineering to facilitate clear comunication/actions with different parts of Nokia support organization as the lead technical support expert
* Analyses and finds root causes of product issues, by understanding logs, metrics, pcap files and customer scenarios, in complex cases coordinate with other technical experts to provide a concise response.
* Works on installing, reproducing and fixing product issues
* Engages and co-ordinates with the Core Engineering Product team (SMEs) to come up with solutions
* Engages and co-ordinates with external parties like Nokia Cloud/CBIS team as appropriate
* Drives, develops, and maintains 4LS/R&D maintenance and support processes, for best in class Software.
* Mentors and supports junior team members
Location: Candidate should be located in: Dallas, TX; or Bellevue, WA.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience required. Candidates with degrees in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering will be more relevant.
* At least 10 years experience in Software Development, Support, or QA, with Minimum 2+ years in service support environment with specific emphasis on Case Handling
* Experience in working on Unix/Linux Operating Systems
* Experience in working with Java, Python, XML, and JSON
* Good understanding of Mobile Networks (RAN, Core etc.) for 4G and 5G, IMS, etc.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Exposure in using VIMs like OpenStack and its Heat Orchestration Templates
* Exposure in using VNFM like Nokia CloudBand Application Manager (CBAM)
* Database knowledge: Operational experience in using NonSQL Dbs like Aerospike, Nokia SDL, Nokia OneNDS
* Experience working in Policy or Charging domains is considered an asset.
* Experience working in Subscriber Data Management - including provisioning, and data manipulation is considered an asset.
* Understanding of protocols such as Diameter and HTTP/2, APIs based on REST and SOAPUI a plus
* SPS uses Swagger, Prometheus, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Keycloak, among others and SDL based on open stack native cloud uses yang model, LDAP/http2 , Jrep, Kafka among others. Ability to understand how these S/W components are used, configured, and troubleshoot is an added advantage
* Highly developed analytical and debugging skills with proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and under time constraints while keeping attention to details.
* Be able to cross reference different information using a time table
* Ability to multi-task and work on multiple issues, with quickly changing priorities
* Good understanding of software development lifecycles based on AGILE mode of working - knowlege of SAFE practices/process are a plus.
* Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written.
* Effective and supportive team player
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people s lives and help to overcome some of the world s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law..