SPS Technical Expert - NAM, NSW 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE/JOB POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION:
Nokia Software (NSW) is looking for a SW Support Engineer for the Smart Plan Suite (SPS) Product. SPS product provides a combined platform for Nokia Policy, Charging and Customer Engagement functions. It is 5G ready and developed to cater for IOT demand. It is cloud native, utilizing Openstack and Vmware VCloud as the VIM and works with various VNFMs. DevOps tools and automation is an integral part of SPS offering.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
* Provides support, leadership and guidance during Customer escalations and emergencies, keeping customer Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in mind
* Analyses and finds root causes of product issues, by understanding logs, metrics, pcap files and customer scenarios
* Works on installing, reproducing and fixing product issues
* Engages and co-ordinates with the Core R&D Product team (SMEs) to come up with solutions
* Engages and co-ordinates with external parties like Nokia Cloud/CBIS team as appropriate
* Drives, develops, and maintains 4LS/R&D maintenance and support processes, for best in class Software.
* Mentors and supports junior team members
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent required - Candidates with degrees in Computer Science, Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering will be more relevant, Master s degree is a plus
* At least 7 years experience in Software Development, Support, or QA, with Minimum 2+ years in service support environment with specific emphasis on Case Handling
* Experience in working on Unix/Linux Operating Systems
* Experience in working with Java, Python, XML, and JSON
* Good understanding of Mobile Networks (RAN, Core etc.) for 4G and 5G, IMS, etc.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Exposure in using VIMs like OpenStack and its Heat Orchestration Templates
* Exposure in using VNFM like Nokia CloudBand Application Manager (CBAM)
* Database knowledge: Operational experience in using Non-SQL Dbs like Aerospike
* Experience working in Policy or Charging domains is considered an asset.
* Understanding of protocols such as Diameter and HTTP/2, APIs based on REST and SOAPUI a plus
* SPS uses Swagger, Prometheus, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Keycloak, etc. Ability to understand how these S/W components are used, configured, and troubleshoot is an added advantage
* Highly developed analytical and debugging skills with proven ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and under time constraints while keeping attention to details.
* Ability to multi-task and work on multiple issues, with quickly changing priorities
* Good understanding of software development lifecycles based on AGILE mode of working.
* Excellent English communication skills both verbal and written.
* Effective and supportive team player
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information or ancestry, protected Veteran or military status, or other characteristics protected by law..