Sr. Acquisition Program Manager (SOF/41)*
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/7/2019
END DATE 1/24/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Acquisition Program Management Support, Senior (SOF/41)
Job Location: Wright Patterson, AFB OH
Odyssey Systems is seeking a Sr Acquisition Program Manager on Wright-Patterson AFB to support our SOF/Personnel Recovery contract with the AFLCMC/WI which is headquartered at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (AFB). The ISR & SOF Directorate currently has several intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance-focused divisions, one of which is WIS. WIS consists of a diverse set of programs with equally diverse missions to meet a common goal: provide our warfighters with the best weapon systems possible in the most efficient and timely manner.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
* Apply knowledge and experience in acquisition program management philosophy policies and procedures to systems, subsystems, equipment procurement activities, post-award project/program management tasks, and acquisition programs throughout their life cycles.
* Manage and organize resources and personnel needed to efficiently and effectively meet the objectives of each task, as well as explore new approaches as applicable to the performance of these tasks.
* Assign personnel to provide services as described below in execution of the SOF & PR Division Acquisition Management Support requirements.
* Assist with developing integrated risk management plans and strategies.
* Assist with analyzing and preparing draft recommendations relating to contractor production changes for Government consideration.
* Assist with writing, reviewing, and editing program documentation with the goal of ensuring weapon system changes are accurately identified and recorded
* Assist with reviewing ECPs and Contract Change Proposals (CCPs). Participate in fact-finding and support the Configuration Control Board (CCB) process.
* Assist with performing analysis of problems and issues confirmed by the Government as requiring additional support. Analysis of the problems and issues shall include but are not limited to, identification of potential impacts/risks to programs, mitigation/avoidance strategies, etc.
* Provide support for strategic scheduling and planning documentation such as the Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and develop and coordinate a reporting framework for event-based activities during the work efforts.
* Develop, analyze, and maintain a master integrated program schedule from concept exploration to fielding a system; employ networking software tools and capabilities to support lower-tier schedule networking, network status, generation of network graphics, assignment of realistic durations and relationships to network elements; evaluate proposed schedules against Government schedules; assess Government program office schedules against schedule databases; conduct probabilistic and deterministic risk assessments on both employee and Government schedules by performing a Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA) using Monte Carlo simulation-based software; utilize various types of scheduling software
* Assist with the planning for program milestones and reviews.
* Perform analyses to support program strategy decisions and courses of action.
* Provide a program assessment for integration of documentation to ensure consistency with program strategy and consistency across all milestone documentation.
* Provide inputs, draft, coordinate (with the appropriate Division and other Government agencies), adjudicate comments, and produce final versions of coordinated milestone documents and assessments.
* Develop and collect technical data and inputs for staff summary packages to support coordination and signature of all associated documents for milestone approval.
* Gather program information and conduct analyses as required by the program managers and leadership.
* Assist in the effort to improve internal management processes by recommending alternatives to management. Participate in process improvement activities as members of, or advisors to, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and Product/Process Improvement Working Groups (PIWGs).
* Assist in translating user requirements documents such as the Capability Development Document (CDD), Capability Production Document (CPD), and Concept of Operations (CONOPS) into Request for Proposal (RFP) documentation.
* Assist with developing and documenting recommended program management inputs for PWSs, CDRLs, and other acquisition documentation for assigned programs.
* Assist with leading/support activities to include, but not limited to, planning meetings/off-sites, facilitating meetings/off-sites, developing documents, and attending specialized meetings, as required.
* Support activities shall include developing and disseminating the agenda and slides, opening and setting up the conference room, recording and disseminating action items via e-mail, and securing the room after the meeting.
* Assist with writing, coordinating, staffing, and maintaining program documentation, including but not limited to documentation regarding requirements, cost, schedule, performance, risk, impacts, and status of the program.
* Attend and support reviews, audits and working group meetings including, but not limited to, Program Management Reviews (PMRs), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDRs), Critical Design Reviews (CDRs), TIMs, test planning working groups, and test readiness reviews. Support duties may include computer set-up, slide forwarding, documenting minutes/actions/decisions, and other duties as necessary.
* Assist with coordinating arrangements, agendas, and briefing materials and record/track program action items and suspense for events such as meetings, reviews, working groups, and audits. For these events, coordination should occur with functional managers, outside agencies, contractor personnel, and the program office customers.
* Assist with collecting and preparing materials for staff meetings and other programmatic meetings, as required by senior personnel.
* Provide assistance to the Government for assembling CPARS inputs.
* Provide advisory assistance and draft documentation support for efforts to include, but not limited to, briefings, letters, and planning/coordination support for meetings.
* Apply knowledge, experience, and best business practices to provide DoD, USAF, and USSOCOM acquisition PM support, demonstrating a familiarity with USSOCOM Directive 70-1 and current acquisition processes, policies and procedures as they pertain to programs up to and including ACAT 1D.
* Proficient in MS Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
* Familiar with Lotus Notes/Forms, SharePoint, CCARS, SMART and Portals (AF, SOF) in order to conduct research/ analyses and prepare spreadsheets, briefings, figures, graphics, tables, forms, and papers.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All Qualified Applicants Will Receive Consideration For Employment Without Regard To Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Pregnancy, National Origin, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity Or Expression, Marital Status, Genetic Information, Protected Veteran Status, Or Other Factors Protected By Federal, State, And/or Local Law. This Policy Applies To All Terms And Conditions Of Employment
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability