Sr. Attorney or Associate Counsel, Law-Regulatory Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/20/2020
END DATE 3/22/2020
Con Edison Company of New York
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 103118
* Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) employees are required to follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures. We all share a responsibility to advance the company s mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience.
* Primarily responsible for providing advice and counsel to the Company's internal clients on cyber security and privacy matters at the federal and state levelwith an emphasis on NERC-CIP and other federal issues, including representing the Company in handling cyber security and privacy matters; and representing the Company before regulatory agencies and courts related to cyber security and privacy matters. This position will be secondarily responsible for managing contractual issues related to cyber, and general state and federal energy regulatory matters.
* Will maintain knowledge of new legislation and developments in federal and state cyber and privacy legislation and developments to reduce reliance on outside counsel
* Will communicate an understanding of technical concepts and technology to those with and without a technology background.
* Will prepare legal filings, including court or regulatory filings, briefs, comments other submissions and any other legal services as needed.
* Will make oral presentations, participate in negotiations, and handle numerous priorities, including cyber and privacy incident response.
* Will perform legal research and write legal memoranda.
* Perform other related tasks and assignments as required.
* Applicants for Senior Attorney (63) will be expected to perform the functions with minimal supervision and applicants for Associate Counsel (64) will be expected to perform the functions with little to no supervision.
* Juris Doctorate Juris Doctor degree from an accredited Law School required.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
* Admission (or the ability to waive in) to the New York State Bar required. Required
* Senior Attorney candidates must have at least 6 years experience with federal and state cyber security and privacy laws. Candidates for the Associate Counsel position must have a minimum of 8 years experience. Required
* Must have knowledge of federal and state cyber security and privacy laws . Required
* Must have experience working with compliance to implement new cyber security and privacy laws and regulatons, such as the Eurpoean General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Required
* Must have experience working with various organizatons, including information technology, on cyber and privacy incident preparednesss and response. Required
* Must have experience providing advice and counsel to internal clients as well as all levels of senior managemet. Req
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
* Driver's License Required
OTHER PHYSICAL DEMANDS
* Must be able to respond to Company emergencies by performing a System Emergency Assignment to restore service to our customers.
* Must be able and willing to travel within Company service territory, and to Albany, N.Y. Washington D.C. and other places, as needed.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
* Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc. (Con Edison), Orange & Rockland Utilities (O&R), and Consolidated Edison Transmission (CET) are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.
View our complete EEO Statement on following page: