Sr. Business Analyst (VA, Fairfax ) 8/20/2020
Koniag Management Solutions LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Senior Business Analyst
Provide Content and Configuration support for the EHR and associated clinical information systems to FC/HI operations to include interfacing with Government officials to include program offices both in-agency and inter-agency, other Defense Health Agency, and DoD service entities. The position shall support the management, integration, and stabilization of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) core areas and all Clinical Information Systems in the DHA portfolio. The contractor shall work across clinical domains, internal organizations, governance bodies, federal agencies, and commercial organizations to provide strategic and operational guidance to DHA Health Informatics leadership on how best to increate operational efficiency for information technology and improve patient engagement. The contractor team shall support the EHR key sub-functions to include, but not limited to: AHLTA, CHCS, Essentris (EHR Legacy Applications), legacy application tools (such as Dragon Speak, JLV, etc.), Dentrix, FirstNet, PathNet, RadNet, PharmNet, Portals, PowerChart Ambulatory, PowerChart Inpatient, RevCycle, and SurgiNet. The contractor shall also support the Technology Management and Integration Branch under DHA HI in providing change management, knowledge management, working groups support, content development, configuration process support and relationship management with internal and external organizations.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
* The Functional Area Specialist will support the following tasks/areas
* Coordination support for the following core teams
* Content Team
* Ancillary Team
* Core ConfigurationTeam
* Working Groups
* Working Group task coordination support
* Assist with work plan development and maintain project tracker as needed.
* Collect and distribute meeting minutes, with an action item tracker that has owners dedicated to completing each action from the meetings.
* Provide relevant updates for the action item tracker before the next meeting.
* Update appropriate ticket tracking platforms i.e. SaAB SharePoint site and Remedy, with all documentation necessary for any configuration change including work plans and training materials.
* Maintain the working group collaboration page i.e. SharePoint folder
* Educate new working group team members on configuration processes i.e. issue resolution/SaAB process, working group member roles and responsibilities, defect review process, etc.
* Assist with documentation of and supporting materials for new internal processes
* Work with implementation team to define configuration specifications and business analysis requirements
* Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to the team
* Communicate key insights and findings to the team
* Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
Office Location and Travel:
Perform the primary activity at the DHA Regional Office DHA HQ, Falls Church, VA. Telework consideration is available as approved by the COR.
Working Environment & Conditions:
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.
* Bachelor s degree, equivalent, or higher in Computer Science, Business Administration or related business discipline
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* 3 + years of business analysis experience in the corresponding solution area being supported.
* Previous experience working for Defense Health Agency or other Healthcare organization is preferred
* Working Knowledge of DHA suite of Electronic Health Care applications, to include MHS GENESIS (Preferred)
* Demonstrated experience working with Knowledge Management Tools (SharePoint, Teams, OneNote etc)
* Experience with documenting requirements
* Capable of project management coordinating activities
* Proven experience in eliciting requirements
* Strong written and verbal communications skills including technical writing skills
Security Clearance Must be U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a National Agency Check with inquiries (NACI) clearance
About our Company
KMS was established to build on the data management and data analytics capabilities of Koniag Government Services with the mission to help customers make better decisions, faster.
KMS helps our customers gather, process, store, analyze and present relevant data in order to find anomalies, patterns and correlations within large data sets to predict outcomes. KMS helps our customer increase efficiency, improve performance, improve customer relationships, and reduce risk.