Sr. Corporate Counsel
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/26/2020
END DATE 4/18/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Sr. Corporate Counsel
Indianapolis, IN 46250 US (Primary)
All job categories
dormakaba is hiring a Senior Corporate Counsel to be based in Indianapolis, IN.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Counsel of the Americas, the Senior Corporate Counsel serves as a member of the dormakaba Group legal staff and is responsible for providing legal advice and counsel primarily in US matters to the business partners operating in United States, Canada, Mexico, and South America.
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Corporate Counsel will include:
* Draft, review, and negotiate various types of commercial contracts, including complex enterprise sales agreements, vendor and licensing agreements, consulting and professional services agreements, real estate agreements, construction agreements, acquisition and divestiture agreements, to ensure the terms meet the company s requirements under its policies, including those for risk tolerance, while working collaboratively with the business team.
* Be a trusted business partner providing timely, thoughtful and helpful responses to legal requests from internal clients.
* Collaborate with finance, sales, operations, service desk, engineering, product, marketing, procurement, human resources and other business units at all levels throughout the organization to ensure that agreements, policies, and practices adequately protect the company s interests.
* Support the continuous improvement of standard forms of agreement and legal processes.
* Manage and provide strategic oversight of litigation matters and insured claims.
* Counsel internal clients regarding company policies, legal issues, and risk tolerance.
* Conduct legal research as required to provide guidance on a wide variety of legal and regulatory requirements.
* Conduct training for colleagues across departments as appropriate on contract issues, internal policies, and procedures
* Other duties commensurate with a small legal department
Qualifications & Skills
This position requires an exceptionally accomplished attorney with a distinguished professional record and a strong business orientation. Personal and professional fit within dormakaba Group s culture is of paramount importance. The successful candidate must be self-motivated and exhibit a passion for understanding the business and contributing in a meaningful way to its long-term strategic goals. The candidate also must be able to direct and manage outside counsel who handle the company s litigation and insurance claims.
Key qualifications include:
* J.D. from an accredited law school and admitted to practice in at least one state (Indiana preferred). In good standing in all jurisdictions to which a candidate has been admitted.
* At least 8 years of experience preferably gained both a law firm and in-house.
* In-house experience in the technology industry is a clear advantage.
* Experience handling all manners of complex business transactions, particularly negotiating complex commercial agreements.
* Manages day-to-day legal matters, employing independent legal judgment, experience and analysis to determine appropriate legal responses and meeting the business needs of a highly matrixed global organization
* Excellent organizational skills to balance multiple priorities, deadlines and critical assignments that may require short-notice deliverables.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain open, candid, and trusting working relationships.
* Strong conceptual and analytical skills and the ability to resolve matters in an efficient and practical manner.
* Superior client relations and interpersonal skills, strong self-awareness and honed diplomacy skills.
* Strong team player enjoying efficient collaboration with legal colleagues globally.
* Strategic thinker with focus on practical and innovative client advice and the ability to advise on legal risks within a business context.
* Excellent negotiating and influencing skills, and a talent for non-confrontational, win-win negotiations.
* Successful track record of defending and pursuing litigation matters in state and federal courts.
* Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment, prioritize workflow and adjust to workload fluctuations with a can do perspective.
* Strong work ethic and a commitment to complete work accurately and timely. See opportunities to improve work processes by suggesting and proposing solutions.
* High degree of integrity.
The successful candidate will have at least eight (8) years of legal experience preferably gained in a major law firm and as in-house counsel handling a variety of transactional matters, including sophisticated transactional matters including acquisitions and divestitures, complex commercial contracts, sales and distribution agreements, as well as litigation and claims oversight.
J.D. from an accredited law school and admitted to practice in at least one state (Indiana preferred). In good standing in all jurisdictions to which a candidate has been admitted.
Admission to a State Bar of any jurisdiction in the United States and licensed to practice in Indiana (or admitted to the Indiana Bar within a reasonable time following the commencement of the position).
dormakaba is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes through this site or directly to managers. dormakaba does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company absent a signed agreement with approved Talent Acquisition dormakaba representative.