Sr Corporate Paralegal
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2019
END DATE 2/13/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONThose who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Corporate Paralegal will support the Corporate Securities & Transactions (CST) team in the Legal Department by providing efficient, timely and effective paralegal support on corporate governance, subsidiary and affiliate entities maintenance (domestic and international), securities matters (including SEC and NYSE filings), mergers and acquisitions and other related duties.
* Corporate Governance/Subsidiary Maintenance: Maintenance of parent and subsidiary corporate minute books, including international and domestic subsidiaries, drafting of resolutions, secretary's and incumbency certificates and other types of corporate documentation, preparation and filing of entity formations and dissolutions, support on entity consolidations and oversight of required filings in various US and international jurisdictions
* Electronic Data Room: Maintain, in coordination with various internal stakeholders, the Company's electronic data room for financing and other activities
* Securities Research and Filings: Research and handle securities issues and support SEC and NYSE filings as needed
* Mergers and Acquisitions: Support company mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing (debt and equity), collaborations and other transactions (including due diligence, closing materials and data room cataloguing); assist with integration of newly acquired entities as needed
* Handle contract requests: review contract requests for routine and templated contracts with external parties (confidentiality agreements, consulting and master service agreements) as requested from select client groups
* Board of Directors: Support other members of the CST team in coordinating logistics and matters related to Board meetings and events
* Invoicing and administrative items: Support the CST team with tracking, forecasting and maintenance of outside counsel spend and invoices
* General Duties: Research and respond to information requests from internal and external departments and management regarding various corporate and related matters and other like tasks as necessary
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Four-year college degree required
* Three or more years of paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate legal department required
* Paralegal certification is preferred
* International entity formation/subsidiary experience strongly preferred
* Must be client service oriented, can handle stressful situations with tact and a friendly, personable attitude
* Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with internal clients and team members to ensure that business objectives are successfully executed
* Dedicated to prompt, thorough and relevant responses to clients, with appropriate planning and follow-up as needed
* Self-motivated and capable of working both independently and as part of a team
* Highly organized; able to effectively manage multiple projects and responsibilities, by applying strong prioritization skillset and utilizing discretion and sound judgment
* Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively in a detail- and result-oriented environment
* Strong written communication and editing skills required
* Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
* Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
* Knowledge of key legal research databases and Board portals (e.g., Diligent) preferred
PHYSICAL / MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
* Type/keyboard, stand, lift/carry/pull light items (10 lbs.).
* Use phone, fax, copier, and computer.
* Organize/coordinate, analyze/interpret, problem solve, plan, communicate, prepare written communications, and prepare transaction documents.