Sr. Credit Analyst (FL, Jacksonville (Headquarters))
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2020
END DATE 9/23/2020
SR. CREDIT ANALYST
EOE Statement Mac Papers, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
About the Organization At Mac Papers, our employees set us apart. We have built our reputation on having bright, collaborative, honest and authentic people. They are key to who we are and how well we perform. If you're the best at what you do, we want you.
We believe taking care of our employees is essential to our growth. Mac Papers offers the following advantages and benefits to our employees:
* Salary + Commission positions
* Hourly pay positions with overtime after 40 hours
* Direct deposit
* Paid time off and 8 annual paid holidays
* Bereavement leave
* Health, dental and vision insurance
* Health Savings Account
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Life and disability insurance plans
* 401(k) retirement plan
* Voluntary supplemental benefits
* Bonus program
Mac Papers is one of the largest merchant distributors in the Southeast. Mac Papers takes pride in being a family-owned and -operated business that has built a longstanding tradition of stability, integrity, innovation and solutions to growing our company.
Position Sr. Credit Analyst
Location Mac Papers - Headquarters
The Senior Credit Analyst position maximizes credit quality, minimizes risk and losses through proper management of accounts receivables while maintaining customer goodwill in a sales oriented environment.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Extension of Credit
* Accountable for assisting the VP of Credit in the credit granting process, which includes the consistent application of credit policy, preliminary assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers & vendors and periodic credit limit adjustments for the existing customer base
* Work with vendor base to establish and maintain appropriate operational credit lines
* Provides guidance and training to sales personnel in assessing initial and ongoing credit viability
* Oversees the gathering of required credit documents such as the application, guarantees, trade information, tax certificates, etc.
* Confer with representatives of other businesses to exchange information concerning customer credit ratings and trade experiences
* Determine the scope of the initial sales/revenue generating opportunity and overall sales potential to ensure appropriate credit line amounts are considered and implemented
* Interface with the branch managers, sales force and customers to communicate credit decisions or challenges that arise during the credit screening process, e.g., compliance issues with the Secretary of State or Department of Revenue, outstanding judgments or liens, etc.
* Explains account terms and provisions to branch manager, account managers and customers
* Prepare a financial analysis of customer financial statements as required
* In-depth knowledge of personal credit bureaus and familiarity with Dunn and Bradstreet reports
Accounts receivable management
* Monitor the accounts receivable portfolio for trends and warning signs
* Periodic credit and compliance reviews of the existing customer base
* Determine and execute the appropriate response to any customer ownership or structural changes
* Control risk through management of credit limits and credit terms
* Amend account terms and/or place accounts on credit hold when applicable
* Monitor deductions being taken by customers
Reconcile customer accounts
* Interviews customers via telephone to investigate complaints, correct errors on account, resolve short payments or disputed charges
Collection of past due receivables
* Review accounts receivable aging report to identify past due accounts and determine the appropriate collection effort
* Collect past due receivables via phone, emails and general correspondence
* Creates and monitors extended re-payment plans as approved by VP of Credit
* Generate demand letters as needed
* File Proof of Claims in bankruptcy and probate matter
* Review delinquent files to determine collectability through assets searches, credit report and legal background review through Westlaw
* When applicable, assign and oversee unresolved delinquent accounts to collections agencies and attorneys
* The ability to read and analyze business financial statements is a mandatory skillset
* Should possess an in-depth understanding of business cash flow cycles, relevance of customer and segment concentration and the impact of economic volatility to the customer base
* Strong analytical / Excel skills
* General knowledge of legal documents and security instruments such as deeds, mortgages, UCC filings, etc.
* Strong leadership, problem solving and customer service skills
* Ability to manage relationships both internally and externally
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, demanding environment
* Proficient with Word
* Prior credit department experience
* Credit, underwriting or lending experience in a commercial environment is desirable
* Accounting or audit experience
* Knowledge of sales tax guidelines
* Thorough knowledge of credit/collection related laws, worthless checks matters, bankruptcy proceedings, assignments for the benefit of creditors, orderly liquidations, foreclosures, asset acquisitions, probate, etc.
* Prior experience with Westlaw, LexisNexis or similar product is preferred
* Bachelor s degree and/or equivalent experience
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to type; operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 lbs.
* Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus
* Regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed and multiple concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; interaction with managers, staff and customers required
* Employee works under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet
Mac Papers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet
Number of Openings 1
Category Credit and Collection
Division Mac Papers Inc
Open Date 9/1/2020
Close Date 11/6/2020
Req Number CRE-20-00007