SR DESIGNER, SPORT - RVCA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2019
END DATE 2/4/2020
Costa Mesa, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY OVERVIEW:
Boardriders, Inc., is the world s leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. The Company s apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. The Company s Quiksilver, Billabong, Roxy, DC Shoes, RVCA, Element, VonZipper, Xcel, Kustom and Palmers brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. With approximately 10,000 team members globally, the Company s products are sold in more than 110 countries in a wide range of distribution, including surf shops, skate shops, snow shops, its proprietary Boardriders stores and other Company owned retail stores, select department stores and through various e commerce channels.
BOARDRIDERS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER INCLUDING: MINORITIES/WOMEN/INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES/PROTECTED VETERANS
This Sr Designer will conceptualize & design seasonal products for RVCA Sport focusing on performance product and to/from product for both mens and womens. The person will identify and interpret key market trends and execute seasonal product strategies building on anniversary foundations while driving the brand forward. The position is located at the RVCA HQ in Costa Mesa and reports to the Design Director of Sport.
* Undertake market research and analysis using key accounts, media, shopping, internet, travel etc. to establish key style, color & textile concepts for upcoming seasons.
* Undertake Innovation research and analysis using media, shopping, internet, travel etc. to establish key fabric, technique & innovation concepts for upcoming seasons.
* Collaborate with Design Director on establishing key seasonal product stories.
* Present to internal and external parties at various different key points throughout each season.
* Manage finalization of product from concept to production.
* Ensure technical specification packs are completed accurately and on time.
* Support Design Director on building category tech packs and boms
* Partner closely with Technical/Product Development lead on all Sport developments
* Manage and adhere to product development calendar.
* Collaborate with Merchandising and Design Director in executing the line architecture & category strategies.
* Develop concepts and ideas throughout each season.
* Complete approvals on color, fabric, trim, art, branding & finishing.
* Collaborate with garment techs to develop and approve the best fit and construction for seasonal products.
* Practice smart product engineering to achieve IGP targets.
* Develop strong knowledge of supplier base and sourcing.
* Ensure samples are correct and on time.
* Conduct regular competitor analysis activities.
* Assist with seasonal photoshoots.
* Liaise regularly with Merchandising Director and Design Director to ensure alignment.
* Work to achieve personal and department KPI s.
* Tertiary qualifications in Fashion Design.
* Minimum of 7+ years relevant experience in performance/technical product
* Experience in designing for both Mens and Womens
* Experience in garment fit & construction.
* Experience in graphic art, color design, fabric & trim development.
* Ability to interpret the needs of the market, retailers and merchandisers & directors.
* Ability to recognize trends, conceptualize ideas and design products.
* Thorough knowledge of the product design & development process.
* Capability to independently manage workload, present and report at a senior level.
* Highly developed organization and time management skills.
* Highly developed interpersonal skills including the ability to mentor fellow team members.
* High level of problem solving and decision-making ability.
* Outstanding communication skills.
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Research skills.
* Display passion and motivation.
* Experience in sourcing and production.
* Experience in PLM