Sr. Director Issuer Processing Technical Program Management 2/19/2020
Highlands Ranch, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Company Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to influence the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays. Job Description
The Senior Director of Issuer Processing Technical Program Management will be responsible for ensuring that Issuer Processing s programs and projects are planned and managed through to completion in a manner consistent with our established governance processes and organizational values. They will be able to demonstrate how their experience and skills have enabled them to build and lead a cross-functional team, by executing against goals that align to organizational strategies and objectives. Their leadership style will align with the Visa leadership principles, which include: leading by example, communicating openly, enabling and inspiring others, excelling with partners, acting decisively, and collaborating effectively.
This individual will be responsible for leading a diverse, highly motivated team of Technical Program/Project Managers and Scrum Masters utilizing both Waterfall and Agile Development Methodologies. Hiring and retaining top talent will be fundamental to keeping the organization motivated as we continually improve our processes in alignment with the broader Visa organization, while maintaining our position as the leading global issuer processor in the world.
This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Issuer Processing Product Development and will be located in our Highlands Ranch, Colorado location.
* Provide leadership and oversight to a team of technical program/project managers, scrum masters, release managers and technical business analysts.
* Work with Business Sponsors to develop project road-maps that align with business objectives/priorities and take into account resource availability.
* Overall responsibility for planning, executing, tracking schedule, and scope for all programs/projects in the portfolio.
* Budgeting and cost management, annual and program-level planning, risk management, and governance and control.
* Direct project portfolio activities, conduct reviews, and use strong technical and business acumen to manage risk and address escalated impediments.
* Ensure necessary consistency and standardization of processes across the team and the broader program management organization.
* Partner with Technology Business Management for coaching and mentoring of local technology leaders on Agile/Scrum/Lean principles and practices.
* Manage HR and Performance management aspects of employees.
* Mentor and guide team members through their career paths. Qualifications
* 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree
* 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelor s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD).
* Direct management experience of other project/program managers and experience with managing and developing other people managers.
* Demonstrated customer relationship management skills, including working in a global environment, communicating technical and business solutions to senior management both internally, and externally utilizing various communication mediums.
* Exceptional organizational and process management skills, with demonstrated ability to influence cross organization teams in a highly matrixed environment.
* Strong leadership qualities and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles.
* Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; with the ability to use those skills to proactively drive both tactical and strategic solutions.
* Extensive knowledge of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices. Hands-on experience with Agile frameworks like SCRUM, Lean & Kanban.
* Proficient user of Microsoft Office tools (Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Teams).
* Highly effective interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate openly with a dynamic leadership team.
* PMP certification and experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
* Experience with Project Management and Forecasting tools such as Clarity, and Hyperion.
* Exposure to tools like Rally, Jira and Confluence.
* Financial services or card payments experience. Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the employee to travel for work 10% of the time, or as needed to support business
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the employee to sit and/or stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.