Sr. Director - Labor 1/24/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a SENIOR DIRECTOR OF LABOR IN PROCESS IMPROVEMENT.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious SENIOR DIRECTOR OF LABOR IN PROCESS IMPROVEMENT to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
THE MISSION OF HCA PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT IS TO LEVERAGE INNOVATIVE TOOLS AND BEST PRACTICES TO DRIVE THE DELIVERY OF HIGH QUALITY, COST EFFECTIVE PATIENT CARE.
Performance Improvement (PI) is a partner in identifying, quantifying, and executing cost-savings ideas and process efficiencies that improve patient care and utilization of resources.
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
The SENIOR DIRECTOR OF LABOR IN PROCESS IMPROVEMENT develops and implements the strategic planning for labor and productivity management for the Division, sets specific productivity goals to be accomplished, and directs the activities of the Division aimed toward meeting those strategic goals. Identifies productivity opportunities and communicates recommended solutions appropriately with facility and division leaders. Follows company standard processes and utilizes standard tools to ensure consistency across the company. Collaborates with facility executives and department managers to continually improve productivity results. Participates in annual budget process and implements productivity changes as needed. The Labor PI Senior Director serves as a resource/member of the PI division team to complete of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis. The position is also responsible for complying with corporate policy and procedures, managing resources, promoting teamwork and maximizing internal and external customer satisfaction.
* Identifies productivity opportunities and recommends solutions to the appropriate facility and division individuals.
* Provides input on the utilization of PLUS and Benchmark; web-based applications used to capture and report statistical values used for managing labor costs based on units of service.
* Maintains associated infrastructure to insure that accurate and current data is available in productivity based tools (PLUS, Facility Position Control (FPC), Volume Forecasting, Staffing Grids, Facility Scheduler, etc.).
* Provides training, at the department level, for PLUS, FPC, Facility Scheduler, and Scheduling Excellence tools and report interpretation.
* Continuously monitor productivity performance using recognized tools and software.
* Develops, oversees, and improves daily operations, policies, systems and procedures necessary to support cost reduction and system utilization goals.
* Oversees the position requisition process.
* Serves as resource/member of the PI division team in the completion of a minimum of 2 traditional facility Performance Improvement engagements on an annual basis.
* Researches and transfers best practices to support performance improvement projects and renders reports based on analysis and research.
* Directs standardization of operational policies and procedures across division as appropriate.
* Utilizes comparative data to target performance improvement opportunities.
* Ensures the delivery of consistent and accurate management reporting to accelerate decision making.
* Participates in facility and division budget planning.
* Serve as resource for productivity standard development.
* Provide weekly and monthly status updates on productivity performance across the Division.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Master's degree preferred. Relative work experience may substitute for other degrees.
· 10 years professional work experience required.
· 5 - 7 years relevant work experience required.
· Must be proficient in written and verbal skills
· Must have advanced analytical skills
· Experience within healthcare operations required
* EXPERIENCE WITH LABOR MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS PREFERRED
· Division based, travel required, % based on division geographic locations
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.