Sr Director, Regulatory Affairs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2019
END DATE 2/13/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONThose who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs, will be responsible for Regulatory Policy and Intelligence, Regulatory Processes and Program management, Regulatory Due Diligence for M&A support and Regulatory Operations. The Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs is responsible for providing the strategic direction to the RA department as a member of the Regulatory Affairs Leadership Team and/or global RA teams, as well as building and maintaining high performing RA professionals.
* Establish and maintain Regulatory Policy and Intelligence network to support development of effective Regulatory Strategies
* Proactively monitor evolving regulations and engage in relevant external forums to influence the development of relevant new regulations and guidelines
* Provide overview of evolving Regulatory policy to RA staff and stakeholders to ensure Emergent programs are aligned with the changes in the regulatory requirements
* Direct Regulatory Operations department to ensure submission publishing activities are executed as planned, Regulatory systems and associated processes are operating effectively and as per regulatory requirements
* Lead the Advertising and Promotional Review process and ensure RA functional review is conducted as per regulatory requirements
* Contributes to the modification, development and implementation of company policies and procedures for regulatory affairs with a global, cross-business unit view and works with other functions (QA, PV) to ensure alignment across the business.
* Work closely with Global Head RA, RA staff and cross functional areas to lead the development of processes that are effective in support of product development and post license maintenance and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements
* Lead and Manage regulatory due diligence efforts and engage internal staff and external contractors/ consultants as necessary to support M&A activities
* Establish and maintain external Regulatory support network (contractors, consultants, CROs, etc.) to support the business growth and regulatory resource needs
* Directs a team of regulatory professionals located across Emergent sites; responsible for performance and talent management
* Represents Regulatory Affairs on enterprise cross-functional teams, external industry groups and leadership forums as assigned.
* The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* BS degree in related biological and life sciences field (MS or PhD preferred)
* 15+ years of industry experience in Regulatory Affairs for pharmaceutical products in post licensure settings and multiple phases of development.
* Knowledge of global regulations / guidance's and thorough knowledge of drug development process required.
* Experience in global regulatory processes is highly desired.
* Strong strategic and critical thinking, diplomacy, negotiation and excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong decision-making abilities
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including performance management, conflict resolution, developing talent and proven ability to build effective teams
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.