Sr Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/30/2019
END DATE 11/26/2019
New York, NY
Directly responsible for purchased goods and services across the corporation. In addition, he/she will create, implement and lead a purchasing strategy to drive performance and deliver a minimum reduction of 2-3% on entire sourceable spend and upwards of 5% on categories that are new or have not been professionally sourced prior.
* Deliver procurement strategy for all supplier spend categories
* Design and align procurement processes and policies with business processes
* Minimize cost and maximize value in the procurement process via strategic sourcing, negotiations, should-cost modelling, etc.
* Implement procurement best practices for all services and commodities
* Develop negotiation strategies and participate in negotiations with vendors on price, delivery, terms, etc.
* Guide procurement staff on appropriate contract management, vendor performance management approaches and contract awarding processes
* Identification and development of current & new suppliers - supplier qualification, supplier performance requirements, supplier performance (technical and commercial) evaluation and providing ideas for quality, cost and technical improvement
* Ensure appropriate audit trails are embedded in procurement processes, for internal audit and performance management purposes
* Select, manage, coach and develop employees
* Develop characteristics of preferred suppliers including recognition
* Maintain an awareness of latest buying techniques & theories, best practices, trends, legislative issues and market competitiveness information and leverage these to drive bottom-line improvements
* Monitor activities against department objectives and submit performance reports to management
* Deliver processes, tools and expertise to support line management in achieving continuous improvement through all processes
* Identify process improvements and facilitate implementation
* Ensure compliance with policies and programs in alignment with sourcing strategy
* Ensure the effective delivery of initiatives, programs and directives in accordance with sourcing strategy and financial business plans
* Develop department budgets and drive the analysis of and review data, including budget/financial and performance metrics to support decisions related to programs, initiatives and directives
* Develop and deliver presentations to executives and others, as required on strategies, programs, practices and issues
* Interact cross-functionally with all other departments and serve as an effective and value-added service for the entire organization
The position reports to the CFO. The position also interfaces with varying levels of management internally and external third party service providers. The position is based in New York. The position will have up to 3-4 direct reports. The position will require up to 20% travel.
* 15 Years procurement experience in a multi-concept environment
* Bachelor's Degree from four year accredited University, MBA preferred
* Minimum 3 years managing a procurement team
* Experience building a procurement organization from ground up
* 5+ years experience working with Operations, Accounting, Logistics and Supply Chain
* Experience with reverse auctions, e-sourcing, contract administration and framework agreements and Procurement Best Practices
* Experience with high-value, high-volume purchasing and contract negotiation experience across a range of services and commodities
* C.P.M., C.P.P or C.P.P.C. Certification a plus
* Diversified experience in sales, operations, accounting, logistics and supply chain is ideal
* Ability to thrive in a demanding environment, requiring high degree of deadline-driven productivity, commitment, adaptability, communication, initiative and follow-through
* Knowledge of the Outdoor advertising business a plus
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
The successful candidate for this position will be an outgoing strategic thinker who enjoys leading teams, will have strong business process experience, entrepreneurial, self-motivated, self-directed person who is adaptable and flexible to respond to a host of different challenges. Must have experience working with highly entrepreneurial and autonomous operating teams, must have very strong persuasive and leadership skills.
He/she must have very strong communication skills, an approachable personality and be very organized, able to hit time lines accurately, manage multiple projects, change priorities when needed, and being action-oriented is essential.
The successful candidate must have the ability to prioritize complex objectives, with decision criteria. He/she must be able to interact with all levels of management and maintain a high level of professionalism with all internal and external customers.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: OUTFRONT MEDIA LLC DOES NOT ACCEPT AGENCY AND UNSOLICITED RESUMES. PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD RESUMES TO OUR OUTFRONT MEDIA EMPLOYEES OR ANY OTHER COMPANY LOCATION.
OUTFRONT Media is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
OUTFRONT MEDIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ALL APPLICANTS SHALL RECEIVE EQUAL CONSIDERATION WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, GENDER, MARITAL STATUS, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, VETERAN STATUS OR DISABILITY. PLEASE REFER TO THE OUTFRONT Media Affirmative Action policy statement.