Sr. Executive Director Market Impact, CA 5/2/2020
March of Dimes
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number 19-0252
Title Sr. Executive Director Market Impact, CA
Employment Type Full Time Regular
City Los Angeles
Position Purpose March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We re advocating for policies to protect them. We re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We re pioneering research to find solutions. We re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
The Senior Executive Director reports to the Senior Vice President of Market Impact and is responsible for leading execution of the March of Dimes state and local strategy for creating mission impact, galvanizing supporters, building strong mission awareness and growing revenue in his/her assigned state or states. The position leads a combination of market executive directors, state advocacy, mission, and enterprise shared services staff as dictated by local structure and required to drive results across assigned communities.
Business Plans, Objectives and Strategies
* Lead the development, design and execution of strategic revenue plans to drive profitable and sustainable year-over-year growth in assigned state or states. Utilize metrics-based data to identify, evaluate and implement plans to achieve desired outcomes.
* Under the leadership of the Senior Vice President of Market Impact, partner with the National mission department to align local and national collaboratives to the mission impact approach, demonstrate success, and further scale at the local level for assigned state or states.
* Work with the National mission department to ensure state policy agendas are executed.
* Work closely with Local Marketing team to ensure marketing integration across all revenue and mission work at the state or regional level; responsible for bringing marketing partners into planning process and meeting regularly with marketing business partners to implement plans.
* Ensure the resources, expertise and processes that the markets or state needs to perform at increasingly higher levels are available and implemented.
Diversified Revenue Portfolio
* Expand implementation of donor stewardship practices at the local level in the assigned state or states and shift local capacity to higher revenue generating activities to achieve market goals.
* Drive greater selling of/leading with mission across revenue channels at the local level.
* Develop strategy that allows for more local decision-making to identify connections between donor interest and the organization s mission impact agenda.
* Oversee the development of budgets in the assigned state or states, recommend actions to adjust and control expenditures and take advantage of opportunities to optimize spending in order to ensure the achievement of financial targets.
* Partner with the Volunteer Leadership Department and Executive Directors to build local relationships and integrated supporter engagement, utilizing volunteer and fundraising opportunities aligned to the mission impact and growth agenda in assigned state or states. Ensure staff have appropriate volunteer management/ board development training and resources in order to implement best practices.
* Work with the Volunteer Leadership Department to ensure effective volunteer structures, processes, and communications are in place in all markets in assigned state or states. Host occasional state-wide best practice sharing meetings with volunteer sub-groups to ensure integration and also volunteer career pathing.
* Develop and maintain relationships with volunteer leaders at the state level in order to ensure support for impact, movement and growth goals locally, and track in CRM.
* Hire and develop executive directors with leadership and experience leading integrated teams, cultivating major gifts, managing corporate relationships and stewarding donors with an integrated focus on mission impact.
* Hire and develop state advocacy staff and local mission staff with experience in driving cross-sector partnerships and revenue generation and enterprise shared services staff as applicable.
* Plan performance expectations, monitor, and appraise direct reports job results and performance in order to develop, coach and recognize direct reports. Provide ongoing feedback and guidance to direct reports on overall performance and develop plans for performance improvement when needed, including development of their larger team and staff.
* Perform other duties from time-to-time in order to ensure the attainment of national or market impact, movement, growth or performance goals.
* Adhere to organizational brand and editorial guidelines in all aspects of work and encourage teams to participate in marketing led training and resource initiatives.
Position Qualifications Experience in managing multiple staff at all levels, including employees who telecommute
Experience in a nonprofit environment
Detail-oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong leadership/management skills with the ability to motivate staff and lead change
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Proven track record building internal and external relationships
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.