Sr HRIS Technical Lead 11/15/2019
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WE'RE DRIVING TOWARD THE ULTIMATE VICTORY: A WORLD WITHOUT THE FEAR OF CANCER.
The HR Technology & User Experience team, within the Varian HR Services and Technology organization, serves as project managers, technical and functional experts for people processes and technology with superior employee experience as our guiding light. The Sr HRIS Technical Lead will partner with other HR Technology leaders, functional and technical team members and others in driving and continuously improving capabilities of Workday, systems and tools for our COEs and Varian.
The successful candidate should have extensive experience in partnering with our global Talent Acquisition team to understand business needs, provide consultative services and recommendations relative to technology capabilities inclusive of Workday. The candidate should have deep knowledge of recruiting programs, business processes and systems. The perfect candidate will assist in defining, implementing and continuously improving our HR technology strategy that focuses on increasing both employee engagement and productivity. The right candidate will also be sharing best practices relating to managing feature releases, continuous development and improvement of recruiting and talent processes. This role will report to the Sr Manager, HRIS.
* Effectively lead and project manage Workday Recruiting functional deliverables to ensure it meets our business needs.
* Assist in defining the Recruiting project deliverables and tasks to be noted in a comprehensive project plan for major projects/releases.
* Consult with the COEs, define and recommend use of technology for better enablement of programs and processes.
* Translate COE business needs into technology requirements, prioritize and roadmap deliverables to be completed by functional and technical teams.
* Partner with other Lead resources inclusive of tangential areas (e.g. Core HR, Compensation, IT, Global Workplace Solutions) and HR COEs in defining and executing the overall design, configurations, system testing strategy and execution of solutions.
* Assist with documentation, communication and training needs.
* Provide hands-on configuration and testing expertise relative to test scenarios or situations if needed to ensure Recruiting and other functional teams complete deliverables timely.
* Drive and define new Recruiting functionality, processes and tools to continually streamline HR business processes.
* Potentially project lead future phases and releases for the Recruiting programs and processes in partnership with our COEs.
* Evaluate and recommend functional features as part of future system releases. Establish cadence to re-evaluate and incorporate features as part of production maintenance, if features were not initially adopted.
* Partner and make recommendations in defining the data governance and security governance for HCM platform.
* Ensure that users and the HR team are properly trained and that there is adequate documentation of processes and procedures.
* Partner with People Analytics team in defining and deploying people metrics for managers enabling managers to use data for talent decisions.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
* 5-8+ years of HR technology, project implementation and systems and process optimizations experience with demonstrated results in driving project completion.
* Strong verbal and written communications, especially the right communication with all levels of management and to remote teams. Manage effectively in a complex global matrix organization structure.
* 5+ years of practical HR functional knowledge and experience, especially in the Recruiting processes and some people analytics domains such as operational metrics in dashboards, scorecards, etc. in these domain areas.
* 5+ years of hands-on configuration experience related to Workday Recruiting business process management and security administration.
* Previous Workday configurations and support experience is a must.
* Experience supporting and partnering with diverse and globally dispersed stakeholders and team members
* Thrives in a fast-paced environment with demanding priorities and business needs
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; strong listener
* Highly collaborative
* Strong focus on our end user and building consumer-like applications for business purposes
* Very detailed oriented and strong analytical skills
We're unleashing the power of technology and human ingenuity to achieve new victories in the fight against cancer. Join us and have a global impact.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.