Sr Information Security Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/6/2020
END DATE 7/7/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONSR INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
Job Locations US-NC-Cary HQ
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker always asking, What if*
If so, you may be the new team member we re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters whether you re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you ll do
We re looking for a Senior Information Security Analyst to join our Global IT Service Delivery and Support Division. You will be responsible for helping protect SAS by developing and executing innovative security controls, defenses and countermeasures designed to help prevent internal and external attacks. Candidates should possess a diverse set of skills including log management, SIEM, security operations tool development, risk assessment, log analysis, automating tasks, consulting and providing guidance about security best practices, and providing compliance evidence.
* Research latest security best practices, staying abreast of new threats and vulnerabilities and helps disseminate this information to appropriate groups within the organization.
* Coordinate and executes security projects for the organization.
* Respond to security incidents as part of the Incident Response Team.
* Maintain security solutions such as IDS/IPS, Web Security, MFA, DLP, EDR, and cloud security tools.
* Research attempted or successful efforts to compromise systems security, determines causes of security violations, and designs countermeasures.
* Routinely conduct security risk assessments on networks and systems and makes recommendations to management to improve security and avoid negative impact on the business caused by theft, destruction, alteration, or denial of access to information, and systems.
* Develop and maintains existing security operations tools.
* Evaluate new products as they are being considered and provides recommendations for usage.
* Create and update documentation and train junior-level engineers.
What we re looking for:
* You re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
* 4+ years' of information security experience.
* Demonstrated experience of various IT platforms (i.e. networking, system admin, programming, etc.).
* Must possess one or more of the following certifications: CISSP, GIAC, CEH, or other related certification.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills as you will be interfacing with many internal customers.
* Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities.
* Demonstrated experience with an enterprise ticketing system (Service-Now).
* Location: Cary, NC only (or must be willing to relocate to Cary, NC).
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
* 4+ years' of information security experience.
* Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
* The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
* We re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
* We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn t about fitting into our culture, it s about adding to it - and we can t wait to see what you ll bring.
* SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
This position will be seated out of SAS Headquarters in Cary, North Carolina
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn