Sr. Manager, Global Value Demonstration SCD
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 2/4/2020
END DATE 3/12/2020
Bluebird Bio Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONSenior Manager, Value Demonstration
Join bluebird bio s enthusiastic and collaborative team by contributing to the overall success of our novel gene therapy approach. bluebird bio seeks an outstanding Senior Manager of Value Demonstration within our Access, Value and Evidence Strategy (AVES) team. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the development of, and then implementing, the payer value demonstration strategy for bluebird bio. This will help ensure patients have timely access to bluebird bio s gene therapy and evolving oncology portfolio.
About the role:
* Provide expert guidance on the analysis and interpretation of PRO data from clinical trials
* Evaluate existing patient reported outcomes (PRO) instruments from a health economics perspective and make recommendations to relevant business partners for inclusion study planning
* Support the development of economic models and direct the collection of associated evidentiary support.
* Summarize key learnings from HTA assessments of relevant existing therapies to inform the development of bluebird bio strategies.
* Support AVES participation in cross-functional teams that drive brand strategy and help represent the voice of value demonstration
* Help ensure post marketing authorization evidentiary requirements, to support the payer value proposition and market access strategy, are reflected in bluebird bio real world evidence collection strategies.
* Identify and utilize creditable evidentiary sources to support the local market value proposition of bluebird bio s products given variation in treatment patterns and cost.
* Support the evaluation and modeling of outcomes-based pricing and contracting initiatives and identify/create data sources to facilitate the adjudication of potential innovative contracting strategies.
* 5+ years of relevant work experience in biotech/pharma or HEOR-related consultancy; launch experience strongly preferred (especially US market)
* Advanced degree (PhD, Masters or PharmD preferred)
* Strong methodological, quantitative, and analytical skills in health economics and outcomes research (HEOR) space, including patient-reported outcomes (PROs)
* Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to operate independently
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to function effectively and efficiently in cross-functional team environment
* Deep understanding of the drug development process and regulatory environment
* Experience with selection and inclusion of appropriate PRO instruments into clinical trials
* Demonstrated understanding of the US and European Healthcare systems and payer policy
* Demonstrated ability to thrive in sometimes uncertain environments
* Domestic travel required, expected to be about 25%
* Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself
bluebird bio is committed to fostering an environment where everyone can be their whole selves and know they are valued. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.