Sr. Manager, Project Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/4/2020
END DATE 4/29/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONThose who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Sr. Manager, Project Management leads complex projects involving cross-functional teams with responsibility for the successful completion of new or existing projects. This includes developing plans, schedule creation and tracking milestones, establishing budgets and monitoring variances to plan, reporting progress to stakeholders and ultimately ensuring all project milestones and objectives are successfully met. The Project Manager plans, organizes, and leads cross-functional project meetings and collaborates with Business Unit Project Managers and participates in Business Unit meetings related to project activities. This position drives collaboration with the Senior Leadership Team and affected functional managers to develop business cases, project scope, and resource requirements in alignment with site goals for projects. The Sr Manager will provide visibility to the portfolio progress and develop resource models to inform sanctioning through monthly reporting.
Responsible for the management of project(s):
* Manages multiple projects with a high degree of complexity, with minimal direction
* Develop project plan documents including Technical Baseline, Risk Management Plan and Gantt charts to meet long-term project goals. Identify, report, and document changes to the project.
* Build and lead cross-functional project teams to implement the project plan to achieve project deliverables, timelines, and budgets.
* Manage the contractual, technical and financial requirements of each project and determines method and procedures for implementation.
* Monitor and manage day-to-day aspects of project and scope, including regular meetings, minutes and reporting with minimal supervision.
* Review and evaluation of deliverables prepared by the project team, lead communication and delivery to the sponsor/client and is responsible for the deliverables including the resolution of complex problems.
* Work independently to lead the cross-functional teams to identify project issues and the development of risk mitigation strategies and implementation plans; recognize problems, evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions.
Independently manages the financial aspect of the project:
* Manage and monitor project budgets and/or revenues, including reforecasting.
* Review the appropriate financial reports to identify and report any variances.
* Monitor the scope of the projects and identify and report on potential changes that may have an impact to quality, time or cost.
Responsible for regular effective project reporting to Senior Managers and internal and external sponsors/clients:
* Develop and deliver engaging, informative and well-organized presentations.
* Provide regular updates and recommendations on the project status, including milestones achieved, mitigation plans for identified delays or risks, and changes in project scope and project financials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
* Bachelor s Degree in Scientific or Business area required
* Advanced training or certification in project management (PMP) desired
* Minimum of 5-8 years of project management experience required, and 1-3 years of relevant experience in Pharmaceuticals or Biotechnology industry is preferred
* Direct experience in managing manufacturing projects and tech transfer is a plus
* Demonstrated experience as a team player in a multi-cultural matrix environment, including building and leading strong cross-functional project teams
* Excellent leadership and management skills with experience managing and leading people cross-functionally with varying levels of experience
* Open communication style with strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills including negotiating, influencing, and active listening
* Fluent with regularly used software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MS Project)
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
The physical/mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual would encounter while performing the essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.