Sr Mechanical Engineer 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A Sr. Mechanical Engineer in Austin, TX is currently available through Belcan. This is a Direct Hire role. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and manufacturing of electro-mechanical actuators for UAVs. Including requirements gathering, DFM, FEA, supplier sourcing, and assembly processes. Our client is expanding their product line and is looking for an individual who displays an entrepreneurial mindset and is well versed in machine design for the aerospace and defense industry. NO SPONSORSHIP PROVIDED-Must be a US Citizen
Senior Mechanical Engineer job duties:
* Detailed mechanical design of EM actuators including:
* Gearing and bearing design and analysis
* Structural analysis
* Analysis and specification of ancillary EM components (clutches, brakes, position sensors, etc.)
* Tolerance stack-up of precision assemblies
* Provide support proposal efforts in a fast-paced aerospace environment
* Creation and ownership of CAD models
* Generation of customer deliverable test procedures and reports (ATP, QTP, QTR, etc.) as well as other data items (structural analysis, reliability predictions) in support of development
* Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university is required; a Master of Science degree is preferred.
* At least ten years of engineering experience required including design experience with mechanical power transmission components.
* Prior experience operating in an AS9100 quality environment is preferred
* Expertise in CAD design tools (SolidWorks is the preferred package)
* Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA), common aerospace materials and process specification and application
* Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
* Ability to perform structural analysis and weight optimization
* Must be a US Citizen-NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE
If you are interested in this Sr. Mechanical Engineer job in Austin, TX, please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.