Sr Oncology Sales Specialist. Grand Rapids MI. S2 10/11/2019
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
The Oncology Sales Specialist represents and promotes assigned brand(s) in the IV and oral markets with approved indications, helping targeted customers, such as Medical Oncologists, Hematologists, Endocrinologists, and nurses, etc. learn about the efficacy and safety of Eisai s product(s).
Works with office management to provide various informational resources, such as product data, and builds strong relationships with key personnel. Understands managed markets to address product access and partners with appropriate reimbursement/market access partners.
Key job activities include territory & market analysis, strategic business planning, self-driven execution of plans, gaining access to key stakeholders, utilizing the challenger sale and influencing techniques to deliver results for patients, adapting quickly to internal/external changes in business and proactively driving local solutions.
Collaborates appropriately with internal cross functional partners including Integrated Customer Account Managers, Thought Leadership Manager, Director of National Oncology Pathways, Oncology Reimbursement Managers, and other specialty roles to facilitate aligned, coordinated efforts with Customers.
1. Drive utilization of promoted Oncology therapeutic products for specific indications; deliver clinical, efficacy, and safety messaging to target physicians in a compliant way and provide information about product access / safe administration by working with appropriate Health Care Providers. Complete ongoing clinical acumen and compliance training with goal of being expert level for our customers. In addition to:
Achieve sales growth as outlined in business plan and measured according to Incentive Compensation Plan by driving sales pull-through with open-access and independent targets for a specific set of indications; collaborate with Integrated Customer Account Managers and specialist roles to pull through sales from targets at Organized Customer accounts in accordance with Account Plans.
2. Develop and implement territory business plan, aligned with overall business plan and regularly review with management to ensure appropriate strategic, tactical components and call prioritization in order to meet/exceed sales goals. Monitor operating costs and compliance with territory budget.
3. Identify key practice decision-makers; develop thought-leaders and advocates. Influence prescribers and decision-makers through understanding of issues and opportunities in territory to generate sales growth. Conduct sales presentations with Challenger style sales model, in-services and professional education programs to targeted personnel.
4. Drive company leased vehicle to meetings with health care providers and other appropriate stakeholders and partners. When necessary, travel overnight including within territory and to conferences, training and sales meetings.
5. Comply with all Eisai promotional and administrative policies and applicable e law.
The Oncology Sales Specialist is responsible for meeting/exceeding sales goals through promoting Oncology therapeutic products within an assigned territory in a compliant and appropriate manner.
Bachelor s Degree (BS/BA) required
Minimum 2 years of diagnostic sales experience (Refer to subsequent Hiring Guidelines for more detail by level)
Prior knowledge of Oncology markets is preferred
Experience in hospital and large account sales, managing through complex reimbursement issues including the buy and bill model, documented history of successful sales performance in a competitive environment preferred.
Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid presentation skills and ability to influence others
Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong business relationships
Candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge of customer business, disease state, product/competitive prescribing information, approved promotional clinical trials, patient/office access to medication, contract terms and conditions, and regulatory/compliance guidelines.
Valid US driver s license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
Must successfully complete all company training programs and pass the company certification process, as well as all customer-mandated and vendor credentialing requirements
Ability to travel required - The territory will encompass the entire state of Kentucky however, the focus will be Lexington and Louisville.
Ability to safely and successfully operate a motor vehicle is required.
Eisai is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants. The Company also strives for a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. It is Eisai s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination in employment and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any protected status, including, but not limited to, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, ancestry, creed, alienage or citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Eisai is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Vet