Sr. Plant Operator 8/21/2019
Johns Hopkins Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SR. PLANT OPERATOR
Requisition #: 191388
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: March 27, 2020
As Sr. Plant Operator, you will be part of a team that delivers and ensures a well-coordinated effort operating and maintaining Central Power Plant (CPP) steam generators, steam turbines, electrical chillers and auxiliary machinery.
As a team member, you
* direct the activities of plant staff
* provide instruction in supervisor s absence
* assists in plant-specific training
* train peer and lower level positions as directed by supervisor
* effectively communicate (written & orally) with supervisor and departmental/JHM staff.
* high school diploma or equivalent
* successfully completed formal training in boiler, cooling tower, chiller, pump, and motor operation and maintenance at a vocational or technical school, college, or apprenticeship sponsor organization.
* 5 years total related work experience
* current, valid First (1st) Class Operating Engineer license
Night Shift 40 hours 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
Work Location: JHH 600 North Wolfe Street
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.