Sr. Plasma Center Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/17/2020
BioLife Plasma Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
ABOUT BIOLIFE PLASMA SERVICES
Every day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases.
While you focus on our donors, we ll support you. We offer a purpose you can believe in, a team you can count on,
opportunities for career growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
Responsible for all job duties associated with the screening, processing, and sample collection for new and repeat
donors, as well as providing training to staff. Fully trained in all Medical History, Phlebotomy, and Sample Processing
All listed duties must comply with federal, state, local and company-specific regulations related to quality of product,
employee and donor safety and to the proper performance of day-to-day activities.
* COMMITTED TO MEET CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS (10%)
o Greet donors as they enter and exit the donor floor.
o Answer phones within reasonable timeframe.
o Maintain orderly filing system, purging records as needed.
* PERFORM ALL CORE AND ELECTIVE DUTIES IN THE AREA OF PHLEBOTOMY (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO): (40%)
o Perform venipuncture of donors and programming of plasmapheresis machine.
o Monitor donors during donation process and manage donor reactions.
o Troubleshoot venipuncture issues and respond to plasmapheresis machine alarms.
* PERFORM ALL CORE AND ELECTIVE DUTIES IN THE AREA OF MEDICAL HISTORY (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO): (25%)
o Take and record donor pulse, blood pressure, and temperature measures and monitor electronic donor
o Perform finger stick, test sample, and record other donor measures to include hematocrit, total protein and weight.
* PERFORM ALL CORE AND ELECTIVE DUTIES IN THE AREA OF SAMPLE PROCESSING (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO(15%)
o Prepare units for frozen storage.
o Collect and store samples from plasma units for testing.
o Organize plasma boxes/documents for scheduled shipments and assist in loading shipments
* PROVIDE TRAINING ASSISTANCE IN SUPPORT OF CENTER MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISORY TEAM (10%)
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
* Supports the center management team in identifying operational opportunities for continuous improvement,
initiating changes to center processes as needed, through use of company approved procedures (including
but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen)
* Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional environment.
* Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
* Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
* Demonstrated technical competence
* Putting the patient at the center
* Building trust with society
* Reinforcing our reputation
* Developing the business
DECISION-MAKING AND AUTONOMY
* Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact or above decisions (internal)
* Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns (internal)
* Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
* Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
* Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.
* Attention to detail and ability to work independently
* Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an exceptional customer experience.
* Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand for the entire work shift.
* Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
* Requires frequent lifting up to 32 pounds, and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
* Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level 1), 90% of work tasks require pro-longed glove wear
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
ESSENTIAL: High School Diploma or equivalent required
DESIRED: Experience in a laboratory, hospital, or other regulated environment is a plus
* FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
NOTICE TO EMPLOYMENT / RECRUITMENT AGENTS:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Policy - https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.