Sr. Product Manager, Digital Product Development-Laurel Road (Fintech)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/18/2020
END DATE 2/18/2020
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONLaurel Road, a brand of Key Bank, is part of the expanding FinTech space: we offer Mortgages, Student Loans, and Personal Loans through a digital online experience, https://www.laurelroad.com. We simplify the process for both borrowers and bankers, while increasing choices of products, improving tracking, and offering a positive banking experience.
ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF):
At Laurel Road we have begun work to grow beyond our student lending successes by expanding our product set to offer additional banking products and solutions. We are clearly aimed at growing and expanding client relationships in 2020 thus we need a highly skilled product/project leader to help us reach our goals. We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager, with a strong digital product and project management background
* Help drive end-to-end new product development from ideation through launch.
* Overseeing multiple product development projects concurrently.
* Holds ultimate responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating project teams, plans, activities and resources to ensure product launches are completed on time, within budget and with optimum quality.
* Primary day to day activities will include preparing, implementing and managing project execution and detailed project plans including definition of scope, requirements, objectives, resource allocation, testing plans, rollout strategy and task schedules and milestones.
* Partner with leadership to develop compelling product constructs and related requirements.
* Over time, as we mature as Product and Product Development team, this role could transition from pure product development to a product management role to ensure the competitiveness of our offering and a healthy balance of revenue and expense to maintain and grow highly sought-after design target.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Working with leadership to define the high-level mission, vision, and roadmap for your product
* Responsible for delivering product launches according to the defined objectives, on time and within budget
* Typically oversee between one and three projects from ideation through launch concurrently
* Lead and manage in compliance with the established standards of Laurel Road & KeyBank
* Be a Change Agent - support the cultural change required to achieve business outcomes
* Coordinating cross functional teams (line of business, engineering and UX) to bring solutions to market
* Translate research and hypotheses into product requirements and detailed user stories
* Must be familiar with system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and responsibility of each team member, to effectively coordinate team activities.
* Develop, update and maintain detailed project plans and schedules via Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint
* Periodic travel to Laurel Road and KeyBank locations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Demonstrated knowledge of the financial services industry (preferably banking)
* Product and/or Project management experience (preferably with in banking)
* Technical. Possess experience in major technology project deployments, understanding of core product platforms, and the ability to translate requirements to engineering
* Exhibit strong analytical, interpersonal, collaboration, communication (written, verbal, and technical), presentation, negotiation, influence and problem-solving skills
* Be knowledgeable in managing the definition and execution of projects (conceptualization, requirements, design, development, testing, and implementation)
* 7 years of relevant work experience required
* 7+ years of product management, product development, consulting or related experience highly preferred
* Experience in banking or fintech industries preferred
* Project based work demonstrating exceptional project management, analytical and communication skills
* BA or BS in Business, Finance, Engineering or another technical field
* Project Management Professional (PMP) a plus
* Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer Min/Fem/Vet/Disabled.
Additional BenefitsPaid Time Off
Employee Assistance Program
Short-term Medical Leave
Banking Products Discounts
Matching Gift Program
Education Assistance/Tuition reimbursement
Commuter Benefits Program