Sr. Production Process Engineer, Pilot Line Cell Manufacturing 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role:
Tesla is seeking a highly motivated Production Process Engineer to contribute to the process development and management of new assembly lines for our advanced cell manufacturing equipment for our cutting-edge Tesla Energy Batteries.
The Battery is one of the most complex and challenging components designed and manufactured at Tesla. This is an exciting opportunity to build a world class manufacturing facility right here in the Bay Area. Tesla Motors is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work on a critical subsystem of incredibly exciting products.
The Production Process Engineer will also work with cross-functional teams throughout the entire lifecycle of the product and processes. He/She will work closely with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing), Quality and production teams to bring the new product from initial design, through prototype development and finally into full production.
* You will establish and develop the concept process, including estimated standard times and optimize headcount
* You will be responsible for process documentation and ensuring it is kept current like Manufacturing Instructions, Standard works documents, PFMEA, standard works and Control Plans
* You will be responsible to utilize SPC data and tools to characterize all equipment processes for operating limits, robustness, and action limits
* You will develop and enable data driven operational and financial decisions through predictive insights into tool and process performance, including integration of factory data systems and use of software such as MySQL, Python, R, JMP, Tableau and Ignition
* You will champion continuous improvement projects and standardization to support best in class lean manufacturing systems to maximize yield, capacity, and capability
* You will generate and execute business improvement ideas for cost reduction, labor savings, material flow and safety
* You will Develop and manage Poke Yoke setup and changes within Manufacturing Execution System (MES), line side visualization to improve productivity
* You will perform supporting activities for engineering and manufacturing including 5S and Lean manufacturing activities, material handling improvements, production line configuration, and safety procedures
* BS/MS engineering, mathematics, or physical science (or equivalent)
* 5+ years of experience as process engineer (process development/improvement, troubleshooting, data analysis, constraint analysis, flow optimization)
* Preferred knowledge of MySQL, Python, R, JMP, Minitab, Tableau and Ignition software
* Capable of identifying critical process parameters and applying statistics to process measurement and control.
* Proven understanding of BOMs, manufacturability, process design, process validation, assembly methods, design reviews and cost reduction methodologies.
* Preferred Data collection and analysis experience in a high volume automated manufacturing environment
* Experience with ergonomic process design, part variation control, and human factors effects on product
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.