Sr Quality Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/27/2020
II-VI Aerospace & Defense
JOB DESCRIPTIONII-VI Optical Systems' designs, manufactures, assembles and tests precision optical systems and components. Our products have been deployed on military platforms such as submarines, tanks, missiles, fighter jets and UAV's. II-VI Optical Systems has grown over the years from a provider of specialty optical materials to a full service provider of optical components and optical systems.
Since its establishment in 1961, II-VI Optical Systems has maintained a commitment to customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is achieved by continuous training of our staff with focus on quality, on-time delivery, and cost reduction. From the initial customer inquiry to final delivery, meeting the customer's requirements is our primary objective.
The Sr. Quality Engineer is a professional who, in support of, and under limited supervision of the Quality Assurance Manager, can understand and apply the principles of product and service quality evaluation and control. This body of knowledge and applied technologies include, but are not limited to: Probability, Statistical Quality Control and Design of Experiments; Metrology, Inspection and Test; Audit of Quality Systems for deficiency identification and correction; Human factors and motivation; and Quality Information Systems. The Sr. Quality Engineer has the responsibility for the action required to:
1. Assist the Quality Assurance Manager with development and operation of Quality Systems.
2. Review proposed contracts, products and processes to avoid or eliminate unnecessary quality difficulties.
3. Plan the quality measurements and controls on materials, processes, and product that provides adequate control of quality at minimum quality related costs.
4. Determine that manufacturing processes have sufficient capability to meet quality requirements.
5. Analyze quality information and feedback analyses and recommendations for adjustment to product design, manufacturing processes, equipment, and the quality system.
6. Provide leadership in the application of statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality practices, workmanship and process problems.
7. On behalf of the Quality Assurance Manager, carry out essential steps in establishing and maintaining the company quality system.
Completed Bachelor of Science Degree in Quality Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, the Basic Sciences or related fields.
7 years of experience in one or more branches of Quality Assurance.
1. Strong skills in inspection, writing, interpersonal communications
2. Knowledge of Quality Assurance, Engineering, and Statistical Methods.
3. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with challenging customers and suppliers
4. Skilled with interferometers, spectrophotometers, calipers, micrometers, Coordinate Measurement Machines, lasers and electronic test equipment
5. American Society for Quality certification as a Quality Engineer preferred.
\\"II-VI Optical Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.\\