Sr. Reliability Engineer 6/4/2020
Palo Alto, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE ROLE
We are looking for a brilliant Sr. Reliability Engineer who will ensure that Tesla s solar and other sustainable energy products meet their exceptional performance and durability requirements. As a Sr. Reliability Engineer you will be engaged in the full product lifecycle, from inception to final product.
You will work with a cross functional team to develop test plans, analyze test data, guide failure analysis, and quantify reliability and lifetime projections of photovoltaic (PV) and energy products.
You must have a genuine passion for engineering products that will fundamentally change the world s energy infrastructure and must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
* Develop and document Reliability test plans and test matrices for PV cells, modules, power electronics.
* Collect and analyze test results, and guide failure analysis.
* Document Standard Operation Procedures and Test Methods.
* Develop automated processes to analyze and report test data with respect to Tesla s Design for Reliability (DfR) requirements.
* Write custom code to streamline data analysis.
* Develop databases to manage and archive test data and reliability analyses.
* Minimum requirement is a B.S. or M.S. in scientific or engineering field, Electrical Engineering preferred. Strong foundation in applied physics and materials science.
* Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with silicon PV cells, modules, and inverters, as well as corresponding characterization and failure analysis methods.
* 5+ years of industry based product development or manufacturing experience in energy, automotive or related fields.
* Proficiency in one of the following programming languages: Python, Matlab, Visual Basic, Labview.
* Proficiency with data analysis software: Python, Excel, Mintab and/or JMP.
* Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills, willing to gain and share new knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively.
* Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances. Own assignments and take full accountability for their success.
* Positive attitude, eager to learn and ability to change direction quickly.
* Familiarity with reliability statistics, Monte Carlo methods, machine learning and forecasting.
* Knowledge of SQL and creating and maintaining databases is a plus.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.