Sr. Research Associate I - Next Generation Sequencing 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
The Xavier lab is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join a highly collaborative next generation sequencing (NGS) team. We leverage human genetics to dissect cellular and molecular pathway interactions that control homeostasis of the mucosal immune system to advance our understanding of the pathogenesis underlying inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. A key technology used by the lab is NGS, which allows us to identify the transcriptional and epigenetic programs associated with health and disease.
In this position, the candidate will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art genomic technologies and develop methods to implement these technologies towards the lab s collective aims. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the NGS workflow. They will participate in process and development of current and new protocols (e.g. RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, Perturb-seq, etc), working to improve current sequencing efforts and to innovate and troubleshoot new NGS workflows.
* Process biological samples for multiple projects utilizing SOPs for developed NGS methods.
* Analyze quality of library generation, troubleshoot challenges that occur during library preparation, and identify opportunities for protocol improvement.
* Improve upon and/or develop new methods and protocols to address key experimental questions.
* Work with supervisor to plan and meet project requirements and deadlines.
* Work collaboratively within the NGS team to complete team projects and achieve goals and deadlines.
* BS or MS in biology or related field required.
* A minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in an industry or academic research setting.
* Expertise in working with RNA, DNA, NGS library generation, and various NGS technologies.
* Experience with automation is strongly preferred.
* Experience working with and analyzing NGS data is preferred.
* Strong communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment and achieve deadlines while maintaining an organized workspace and laboratory notebook.
ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.EEO is The Law - For more information, please visit the following link:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - For more information, please visit the following link: