Sr./Research Associate, Process Development 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE ROLE:
Moderna is working to develop first-in-class messenger RNA (mRNA) based medicines. Moderna is seeking a highly skilled and motivated process development research associate residing in Moderna s Technical Development organization. This role will support the process development of Moderna s first-in-class messenger RNA (mRNA) based medicines to enable our clinical supply. The applicant should have strong communication and collaboration skills, along with multiple examples of a strong technical background.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a fast paced and highly dynamic environment, will have relevant academic and or industrial experience in large molecule bioprocessing, and will be able to contribute to both process development and commercialization related activities. We seek applicants that are proactive, enthusiastic, and show a passion for process development. Applicants should have exceptional time management and communications skills with a strong attention to detail. Previous experience with chromatography, nanoparticle formulations, filtration technologies, mixing technologies, and/or tangential flow filtration is preferred. The position will support cross-functional teams across CMC, Research and Development, Pre-clinical and GMP Production, Quality, and Analytical Development.
HERE S WHAT YOU LL DO:
* Optimize current processes to ease of manufacturing, cost, and to facilitate improved characteristics to aid in the production of mRNA therapeutics.
* Develop new innovative processes to fit manufacturing needs
* Maintain thorough electronic lab notebooks and documentation records
* Present results in cross-functional meetings
* Collect, archive, process, and organize samples for downstream analyses
* Deliver reproducible and impactful results under ambitious timelines
* Execute and troubleshoot standard protocols, develop and adapt new protocols into practice, and query literature to incorporate additional assays as needed
* Independently plan and execute experiments
* Document research and work product, analyze and interpret findings for reports, regulatory submissions and presentations.
* Clearly communicate research findings to a wide audience both internally and externally.
HERE S WHAT YOU LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* BS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or closely related field, and 0-3 years relevant industry experience.
* Working knowledge of bioprocess engineering principles, process modeling, and Design of Experiment (DoE) statistical tools.
* Ability to plan and execute experiments independently
* Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills
* Creative/innovative/problem solver
* Experience in early discovery or preclinical drug development and/or late-stage development
* Preferred: Experience with nanoparticle formulations
* Preferred: Familiarity with nucleic acid and protein chemistry, enzyme kinetics, and analytical characterization of biomolecules
* Preferred: Experience/education in pharmaceutical sciences and/or biotechnology process/product development.
* Preferred: Hands on experience with AKTA FPLC, Tangential flow filtration (TFF), and HPLC/UPLC instrumentation.
HERE S WHAT WE LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* On-site subsidized cafeteria or catered lunches
* Company-provided iPhone
* Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
* Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
* Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
* 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
* 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
* 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
* Eligible for Moderna Month ? (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
* Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
* 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
* A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
* Voluntary legal assistance plan
* 15 days vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
Moderna is advancing messenger RNA (mRNA) science to create a new class of transformative medicines for patients. mRNA medicines are designed to direct the body s cells to produce intracellular, membrane or secreted proteins that can have a therapeutic or preventive benefit and have the potential to address a broad spectrum of diseases. The Company s platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, providing Moderna the capability to pursue in parallel a robust pipeline of new development candidates. Moderna is developing therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases, and autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, independently and with strategic collaborators.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Moderna currently has strategic alliances for development programs with AstraZeneca, Plc. and Merck, Inc., as well as the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a division of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI). Moderna has been ranked in the top ten of Science s list of top biopharma industry employers for the past five years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.