Sr Site Operations Manager 8/20/2020
Momentive Performance Materials USA LLC
Texas City, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION TITLE:
Sr Site Operations Manager
The Site Manager is responsible for the total manufacturing operations of the Texas City which consists of ~40 people and an annual operating budget of ~$10 million. Directs all activities directly associated with the production effort including environmental, health, and safety, training and upgrading of operation personnel, directing the production workforce, maintaining proper inventories of raw materials and finished goods, and optimization of process efficiencies. Implements company policy, safety, environmental and quality programs and labor relations policy. Effectively leads the site and its people in alignment with overall business goals. Champions site cost out and variability programs. Networks with other sites within OPS manufacturing grid to identify and implement best practices and processes that drive overall performance improvement.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY
* Ensures site compliance with all safety, health and environmental laws, codes and standards.
* Provides leadership to the site and its personnel to drive continuous EHS improvement; high visibility on the factory floor driving improvements and accountability.
* Working with EH&S professional staff, develops and implements programs, processes and procedures to ensure the safety and health of all associates working at the site.
* Develops and maintains a constructive relationship and dialogue between the site, the community and local regulatory bodies as appropriate.
* Aligns operations activities with Momentive s core values of safety and environmental responsibility.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
* Establishes employee performance expectations and ensure that these expectations are met throughout areas of responsibility.
* Establishes and implements direct training and development program for operating personnel together with HR.
* Aligns site policies and practices with company policies, procedures and expectations.
* Directs the activities of the entire production workforce.
* Hires, consistent with Senior Leadership Team approval, trains, develops and promotes associates in support of Momentive long-term business goals, and the personal career goals of the associates.
* Take responsibility for works council negotiations in terms of Manufacturing related matters at site in conjunction with HR.
* Develops annual and multi-year budgets and plans targeting year-after-year performance improvement.
* Manages and measures cost performance, and takes corrective cost control action.
* Develops, leads and directs site productivity improvement programs and processes, implementing CI initiatives, to drive human and capital resource optimization.
* Ensures site compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley regulatory requirements.
* Monitor all plant costs, and explain adjustments and variances.
CAPITAL/FACILITIES AND PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
* Manages site capital planning and spending to both reduce business and EH&S risk, and improve cost and profitability.
* Ensures site maintenance is adequate and appropriate to support business reliability needs and to maximize unit up-time.
* Utilizes most effective technology assessment to improve overall process capability, yield, and configuration.
* Champions continuous improvement methodology usage across the site to reduce waste and variability.
QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
* Ensures timely delivery of quality products to customers.
* Organizes and enables quality improvement efforts at the site, aligned with business and customer priorities.
* Ensures appropriate internal and external customer focus in daily activities on site.
* Manages and measures overall customer satisfaction of delivered products and services.
* Manages the quality management system ( ISO 9001).
* Ensures effective coordination between work teams both on and off-site.
* Leads the site and its personnel in a way that supports achieving business results and growing the capability of the site and its people.
* Acts as the primary liaison between the site and the business.
* Champions, sponsors, leads and participates on a variety of functional and cross-functional teams in an effective manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.