Sr. Specialist, Research Programs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/8/2019
END DATE 12/15/2019
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE ROLE:
Moderna Platform is seeking an energetic, highly organized and collaborative individual to assume responsibility for project management for Delivery Science projects and platform
organization activities. The successful candidate will possess a deep understanding of technical and operational aspects of biotech/pharma. The individual will proactively communicate and collaborate with team colleagues while driving project timelines and integration of activities to ensure success of projects in the department.
HERE S WHAT YOU LL DO:
* Work closely with cross-functional teams to enable efficient projects
* Develop, communicate and monitor project-related timelines and risks
* Establish and run project meetings, organize and communicate agendas, take minutes and distribute to team and appropriate management channels
* Organize and maintain team information
* Create and manage project budgets with support of budget holders and finance
* Update management periodically in formal meetings on progress and challenges in projects
HERE S WHAT YOU LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* B.S. or M.S. in chemistry, biochemical science or engineering, with 2-5 years direct experience in technical and project roles in biotech/pharma
* Self-motivated and independent work-ethic
* Highly organized work style and extremely detail-oriented
* Demonstrated collaborative across functions and able to coordinate work activities efficiently and effectively with others
* Excellent communication skills, written and oral
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing, and dynamic work environment
* Candidate will be CURIOUS in exploring new path for drug discovery through project management, BOLD in proposing CREATIVE experimental designs and ideas.
* Will work COLLABORATIVELY with multifunctional teams and will be RELENTLESS in pursuing successful outcomes
HERE S WHAT WE LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
* Daily on-site catered lunches
* Company-provided iPhone
* Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
* Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
* Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
* Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
* 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
* 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
* 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
* Eligible for Moderna Month ? (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
* Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
* 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
* A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
* Voluntary legal assistance plan
* 15 days vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)
WHY JOIN MODERNA:
Moderna is advancing messenger RNA (mRNA) science to create a new class of transformative medicines for patients. mRNA medicines are designed to direct the body s cells to produce intracellular, membrane or secreted proteins that have a therapeutic or preventive benefit with the potential to address a broad spectrum of diseases. Moderna s platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, providing the Company the capability to pursue in parallel a robust pipeline of new development candidates. Moderna is developing therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases and cardiovascular diseases, independently and with strategic collaborators.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., Moderna currently has strategic alliances for development programs with AstraZeneca, Plc. and Merck, Inc., as well as the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a division of the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). Moderna has been named a top employer by Science for the fifth year in a row. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Deliver on the promise of mRNA science to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.