Sr. Utility Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/19/2019
END DATE 1/19/2020
KCI is looking for smart and talented individuals to join our growing team. At KCI, we believe the professional growth and continuing education of our employees is an important investment in our future. We are looking for dedicated team members that are looking for more than just a job - they are looking for a way to make a difference.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic planning.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OTHER
* Minimum of 20 years of experience performing, understanding and complying with communication network systems including Copper and Fiber Outside Plant (OSP), micro, macro or small cell systems, Design and project documentation standards (i.e. land base maps, assessor maps, OSP records, etc.) *Network Transformation. *Planning (establishment of feeder routes, FDA cabinet locations, distribution routes & boundaries.) *Transparent LAN Service (TLS) *Design Engineering (feeder and distribution layouts to be redlined on base maps showing all requirements associated with OSP distribution).
* Candidate will be expected to work closely with Practice Leader and project managers to keep improving KCI's experience in telecommunications network design, particularly in the Delaware and Pennsylvania area.
* Candidate will be expected to perform technical process' involving advanced OSP telecommunication design.
* Candidate will be expected to review and interpret design manuals and details from local jurisdictions and will ensure project compliance with KCI's ISO requirements.
* Candidate will be expected to applied his/her advanced knowledge of engineering standards, practices, methods and techniques, in-depth assessment of network application, network modeling and network transformation and distributed antenna system (DAS) designs.
* over see the development of OSP and small cell construction documents.
* Travel to business sites by car and air travel to over see and collect data and develop design alignments.
* Meet with project stake holders to deliver a project through data collection, design, permit and construction.
* A solid background of reliability, commitment to task and project completion and success is required.
* Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
* High School Diploma r GED is required.
* Minimum of 4 - 8 years of experience.
* Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
* Complete Annual Individual Training Program
* Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your absence
* Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
* Ensure projects fulfill ISO compliance requirements
* Complete other duties as required/assigned
* Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization target(80-85% typical)
* Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with project team on all projects/tasks
* Complete all tasks on time and within budget while fully meeting the scope
* Consult and coordinate with other practices as required
* Operate within specified (corporate or project) budget parameters
* Compare field data to design plans
* Conduct site visits and gather data, including measurements, sketches, notes and photographs as needed
* Prepare design calculations, drawings, specifications and cost estimates for review and approval
* Prepare preliminary concept designs and submit for approval
* Read and interpret technical documents needed for performance of job
* Review and approve shop drawings
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Employee Stock Ownership
*Some Part Time positions are not eligble for benefits.
*Temporary positions are not eligible for benefits.