Staff Accountant 8/21/2020
North Florida Regional Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, women's health and wound therapy, among other services.
YOU ARE WORTH MORE THAN A PAYCHECK. OUR BENEFITS RAISE THE BAR:
401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Paid Family Leave
Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
And much more!
Under general direction, administers the general accounting and patient business services, including third-party reimbursement, financial and statistical reporting functions of the hospital, in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
* Completes all assigned Journal Entries per time schedule for the hospital and assigned Joint Ventures.
* Prepares statistical reporting for facility and joint ventures
* Reviews the assigned sections for FS trial balance for accuracy.
* Reconciles assigned Balance Sheet accounts on a timely basis.
* Assists with preparation of annual Medicare Cost report work papers.
* Prepares assigned year-end and interim work papers.
* Assist in annual budget process, preparing schedules and researching accounts.
* Supports Controller and CFO with any special assignments.
* Performs other related functions as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other related discipline.
* Experience in health care accounting preferred but not required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated abilities in achieving results, communications and customer service. Demonstrated success and abilities in communication and customer service. Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.